• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe v Exeter City Matchday Thread

rp42

wrong video.

Last edited:

rp42

Neither side created a lot and the keepers were not tested at all in the 90 mins... Wycombe were just as inept as us and 0-0 would have been the right result but for a touch of Akinfenwa magic, chesting the ball down, turning sharply and firing home a shot that looked to take a slight deflection... Cue the immediate hoisting of the Tisdale out flag and Tisdale out songs from some of the away following... I got the impression that the owner of the flag had been waiting for us to fall behind for some time so they could have a reason to wave it... 2 or 3 things didn't go our way in the opponents box in the first half, Reid having his shirt pulled back and held for several seconds and the ref in a good position to see bottled it and gave a goal kick... Ollie broke into the box taking on players and having been stronger than the last defender was harshly adjudged to have bundled him over when then clean through for a pop at goal and then a similar ruling i think against Stacey.... Reid looked a lot fitter today and agree Hants that the kicks from goal ALL went exactly the same direction towards Simpson wide on the including 4 that went straight out of play...
The goal was hardly Tisdale's fault so turning on him then was pretty pathetic... BUT..... Simpson should have been taken of for Wheeler with around 20 mins to go, not Holmes being replaced so late on.....
So that was Stale's fault? He took the wrong player off and too late,i really don't see how you can defend this prat any longer?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
anyone got a link for the post match interview
Not got a link but it was more of the same "proud of the players", "kept trying" blah blah blah. He then had the audacity to say that he hopes we can win on Saturday to reward the fans who are sticking behind the team. So, anyone who voices their displeasure doesn't deserve to see us win? **** off Tisdale

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tisdale interview (it's not great quality)

https://www.facebook.com/exetercityfc/videos/10154175782058347/

rp42

Not got a link but it was more of the same "proud of the players", "kept trying" blah blah blah. He then had the audacity to say that he hopes we can win on Saturday to reward the fans who are sticking behind the team. So, anyone who voices their displeasure doesn't deserve to see us win? **** off Tisdale
Enough is enough,the fan's have tried to back the players at Home games but for next Saturday the protests have to start from the off............and you watch us go on and stuff Grimsby(rofl)

rp42

The link or the tosh he's spouting?

Ashford Grecian

So that was Stale's fault? He took the wrong player off and too late,i really don't see how you can defend this prat any longer?
From what and where I was watching and if I had been in charge of the team today I wouldn't have made the same substitutions....

Whether you can say this is the managers fault or not is subject to conjecture...

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We got exactly what I expected - nothing.

Gone past kicking off or generally really caring given the repetition

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
No need to read it as I know what it says without reading it...

I genuinely haven't read it but I reckon we played ok and he wants the fans to stick behind the team....

Or something close

IndoMike

Most of us knew that before the end of August.
Yeah - since August 2012