• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe v City Prediction thread

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Re: City v Wycombe Prediction thread

Yes I am surprised that your home form was called poor when we have earned five points less I believe. Shrewsbury have an excellent home record but fifty points Oscar above what would normally be considered a good record Imo.
They have won twice at home since mid-January (the second of which the Saturday just gone against current whipping boys Cheltenham). In anyone's book for a team in the automatic promotion spots that is poor form.

oxford don

In Paul Hayes...Wycombe have one of the best footballers in the division...I've seen him 3 times this season as Wycombe is not too far from me... He may be an old un but he's a good un and we will need to on our best defensively.

I think that Wycombe have one of the strongest front half line ups in the league also and unless we get to grips with them in the middle of the Park, which is very unlikely, it may be another heavy defeat.

I hope I'm wrong but its got 3 or 4 -1 written all over it. I think will be just too strong for our slow and elderly legs ( in the main) to contend with.

Still going though as its a short blast down the M40 for me and I've found a really nice pub in Chinnor ( Red lion) and will do a slight detour on the way home.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

They have won twice at home since mid-January (the second of which the Saturday just gone against current whipping boys Cheltenham). In anyone's book for a team in the automatic promotion spots that is poor form.
Having now clarified that you don't mean there home form is poor overall, just since mid January for a team in the autos then I understand. I am aware that Wycombe aren't your favourite team.

Last eight games is 2 3 3. Of course overall 9 7 5 isn't too shabby wherever you are placed , and the period leading up to those eight games is 7 4 2 which I would call very good.

Hopefully the Wycombe fan is correct about their squad situation but I don't tend to read much into these things as they seldom end up as they are painted. I do think that if we perform as we can away that there is no reason we can't get the win we need. I am expecting a draw but hopefully will be pleasantly surprised.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

Our home form is indeed poor, only 34 points from 21 games, though I notice this is somewhat better than your home form. You managed to beat us at your place and look at our away form.

We are certainly no Shrewsbury, they have a playing budget over double ours and a squad that is not far off 40% larger. Though we still managed to take 4 points off them this season.

I think we will be lucky tonight to get four players on the subs bench with our small squad and injuries.
six subs listed but the positive is Wycombe have had to use two of their three subs already.