• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

www.footballhotels.com

I used this site to book my hotel room in Darlington and thought I would mention it on here, not only becuase it is useful for finding hotels near the grounds we will be visiting this season but also they will donate a third of the commission they receive from the hotel to the club or supporters group of your choice.

All I had to do was forward them the confirmation e-mail after my stay and tell them to donate the commission to the Exeter City Supporters' Trust.

http://www.footballhotels.co.uk/earnyourclubmoney.htm

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do as the Shrews boys did and spend £15 to stay at the backpackers and spend the change on your night out.

A bed is a bed.|-)

A bed is a bed.|-)
Not when you've got a girlfriend in tow who couldn't care less that it's City's first game back in the League!

tisdale 1

Resigned
cheers for that link[y] in the process of booking hotel for the bradford weekend!

I received the following e-mail today from Football Hotels:

Hi Russell

We made the donation via paypal to ECFC Trust today.
We usually pay a third of our commission to the Trust but as we have a soft spot for Exeter (we are Swansea fans and also suffered under Mike Lewis!) we have given you all our commission, which is only 7 quid but every little helps I guess.

All the best
--
Shane
Footballhotels.co.uk

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw this site back along althoughg I've not used it as I've always managed either a) to palm the job of finding cheap accom to someone else or b) managed to find somewhere cheaper off my own bat.
Bloody nice of them to donate that though. Maybe I should have another look at their site......

I used this site again for a hotel in Preston last Sat and got this e-mail today:

Many thanks for using footballhotels.co.uk

We are delighted to have 'paypalled' ECFC Trust today. Our full commission on your booking was £2.30 but as we have a soft spot for Exeter City FC we have sent the trust a tenner instead.

Good luck with the promotion campaign!!!

Shane
http://www.footballhotels.co.uk

I would urge anyone to use it when booking hotels, we could make a good amount for the Trust at this rate, although not sure how long they will keep donating extra!

footballhotels

Re: ##URL REMOVED##

Thanks for the plug Student Grecian.

We dont always give extra at footballhotels but as I said before I am a Swansea fan so there was a link to you on that final day of the season when we beat Hull to stay up and you went down. None of us revelled in that but an iconic day for all sorts of reasons.

Also when I worked in Cambridge, I followed Cambridge City and when we played you in the Trophy I think it was you allowed the CCFC trust to rattle some tins because CCFC were about to go bust because of a dodgy chairman who luckily got rumbled in the high court.

I know that ECFC weren't exactly rolling in it at the time but it was a lovely gesture. So thats why I put a little extra in for your trust.

All the best
Shane

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thank you very much for this kind gesture (which was received ok).

Thanks again.