• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Would we relinquish control of the club for an Investor to take on?

ecfc70

i have said on another thread that i believe for the club to move forward we need an investor but when there are so many fingers in the ECFC pie at the moment it would take a lot on negotiation with the different parties to just gain control of everything

from what i understand he or she would need to come to a deal with the trust, the council, the board and the club shop owners to get things started and that's probably not all

it would take a lot of time and money just to satisfy them all before even thinking about building a new team, stadium, club shop or or even a tea hut

The_Governor

No , to a new investor.

But we have to increase the amount most trust members from the £2 per month to £3 next season and £4 the following to increase some revenue.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
How does the idea that the club make more money and work for a living?

Grecian1966

No , to a new investor.

But we have to increase the amount most trust members from the £2 per month to £3 next season and £4 the following to increase some revenue.
Gov, have you thought that idea through? On the basis of 3000 Trust members I fancy we may need more than £36,000 pounds extra in the kitty to make much of a difference albeit that would be welcome.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I would like to see an appeal put out to trust members to ask them to increase subs by a pound or more each, and maybe say that anything raised will go directly to fund the playing squad or ring fence for another agreed upon purpose. If an investor is willing to make an offer feel we must listen, but if not or until that happens lets get something done.

Look to get a good feeling back around the club and do some fundraising, anything is better than nothing!

What normally happens during the summer to raise money? Events however big or small should be going on all the time to bring in the cash.

Grecian1966

I would like to see an appeal put out to trust members to ask them to increase subs by a pound or more each, and maybe say that anything raised will go directly to fund the playing squad or ring fence for another agreed upon purpose. If an investor is willing to make an offer feel we must listen, but if not or until that happens lets get something done.

Look to get a good feeling back around the club and do some fundraising, anything is better than nothing!

What normally happens during the summer to raise money? Events however big or small should be going on all the time to bring in the cash.
I would agree Richard. It would be nice to see the BOS show a little leadership and be pro-active in thinking through and delivering some ideas rather than seemingly sat waiting for the next committee meeting to discuss the minutes of matters that really don't matter a jot.