• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Would any of the current squad get into your all time city 11

Average Joe

Very different players but in goals terms he's miles off. Works hard, I see him like a higher level Lee Phillips tbh.
Sadly Stockley has shown he is league one standard and that's no shame at all, would love to be able to play league one standard football. I think Nombe could go onto be a championship player if he keeps injury free

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I tend to feel like Spanks at the moment, I couldn't pick one to oust any of the old favourites (and again how much of that is Rose tinted), but as a squad/team this is certainly one of the most exciting teams I have watched, expertly compiled by KMT and his team.

The question will need to be asked shortly is how long will we have the benefit of KMT, with Dan Green moving on to a premiership side, it surely won't be long before they start sounding out our manager for an Alex Inglethorpe/Head of Academy role, particularly as the national media are copping on to the fact of how many of our squad are home made.

ECFC89

Lot of nostalgia will tint opinions you feel....

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is a very hard question. Always difficult to separate the level of individual players from the team around them and how they fit into any given team. This TEAM is the best quality I have ever seen man for man, no question for me. I know people will say the 1990 team was better, but the game has changed since then and they were best when the game was open and would probably not have coped with the level of intensity in the third tier football of today. This team plays both well under pressure and when they are allowed off the leash to express themselves. It's too early for some players in this team to be compared with the likes of Hiley, Neville, Beer, Kellow, Rowbotham, Harley and others however. If you consider that our outstanding players so far this season have included Diabate and Kite who haven't started that many games in their career, and Nombe and Jevani who have only played one season before this, there isn't enough history yet. Ask this question again at the end of the season and we'll know more. But I would expect Nombe, Jevani and Collins to be in with a shout from my perspective.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
My team remains;

Dawson
Hiley, Taylor (S), Edwards, Friend,
Neville, Harley, Robertson,
Beer, Kellow, Binney

Or something like that!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
My team remains;

Dawson
Hiley, Taylor (S), Edwards, Friend,
Neville, Harley, Robertson,
Beer, Kellow.

Or something like that!
Must be a good side if they can play with 10!

iscalad

Must be a good side if they can play with 10!
Fred to the rescue, as ever.

ECFC89

Genuinely don’t know the answer to this question, but just to throw it in if it’s the case ; is this statistically the highest an Exeter City side has ever been in the football pyramid (excluding two weeks ago when we were 2nd) ?

grecIAN Harris

Who said Sparkes? In front of Deano, Chris Vinnicombe or even Andy Cook? You are having a giraffe aren't you?
The only person I could potentially see getting in my side, and that's only if he continues to build his game in the manner he is playing currently and not what he has done in previous seasons, is (and this will surprise some) is Archie Collins to play along side Ryan Harley.

Colesman Ballz

Genuinely don’t know the answer to this question, but just to throw it in if it’s the case ; is this statistically the highest an Exeter City side has ever been in the football pyramid (excluding two weeks ago when we were 2nd) ?
At half time on Saturday we were top ! :)