• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wort zur Brunnerstraße

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
i watched the highlights of 4 of the games on Youtube, about 7 mins each, not sure I could watch an entire match. Plenty of skill on show, especially Dortmund and Munchengladbach, but very sterile with no crowd. I guess they have to do it for financial reasons
Before the shutdown I watched a Wolves Europa Cup game with no crowd..Flat would be the best way to describe the spectacle on TV.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder if at some point they'll pipe in crowd sounds? o_O

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A few chants of...”What’s it like to see a crowd” “Did you come in a Taxi ?”

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
A few chants of...”What’s it like to see a crowd” “Did you come in a Taxi ?”
"More noise at Torquay", surely? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Legohead

Banned
"More noise at Torquay", surely? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
We were a noisy lot at away games though. Great to be a key part of it for such a long time. If there's one thing I can't criticise Torquay for is the vocal away support with often only a smattering of fans.

I'm right on the end of that sorry lot. :LOL: Not Graham. Some of you might recognise some familiar faces on there? I think one poster on here who has the avatar of the Torquay fan pulling a moonie will recognise the lad who did that in this clip. Sound lad too.

Some great days away. Always sh*te at Plainmoor though.

Apologies for posting this on an Exeter forum. I thought it would give some of you a laugh if nothing else. :ROFLMAO:

It's certainly NOT the yellow wall of Dortmund though.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
They did this in the Korean League games. Very odd but does make the viewing experience on TV feel slightly more normal somehow (providing they dont pan around the empty ground!)

Andy Holloway

Lego, The noise level depends on where you position the microphones of course, close to the source and it sounds greater than it really is/was.

Legohead

Banned
Lego, The noise level depends on where you position the microphones of course, close to the source and it sounds greater than it really is/was.

Yep it's a fair point. :p

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Berlin derby this evening. Come on FC Union Berlin!

Andy Holloway

Kirky on BBC Spotlight tonight talking about, among other things, playing games behind closed doors.

His thought was; 'It's a bit like dancing with your sister'!