• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will we pay a transfer fee?

Lobster Claw

With Rotherham in the league below spending £150000 on their new striker for the coming season, i believe we need to speculate just a little bit to give ourselves the best chance of staying in the division!

I dont know the policy of the club on this, but given the now healthy state of the club financially i, for one would like to see us using half of the Moxey money on fees to take the club to the next level!

It would be a shame if we just didnt stay in this league after working so hard to get there.

Im not saying it is impossible to do it again with free transfers but the higher you go the more realistic you have to be.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whatever happens, you can be sure that City will only pay what the club can afford. Sustainable growth is far far better than overspending, crash and burn.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Trouble is if we were to spend 150,000 that would be pretty much all our money. Then that player gets injured in the first game and we have wasted our money. Spend any less than that and the player probably isn't worth having.

Lobster Claw

Trouble is if we were to spend 150,000 that would be pretty much all our money. Then that player gets injured in the first game and we have wasted our money. Spend any less than that and the player probably isn't worth having.
Disagree! If we spent £100,000 on one player and then £60,000on the next we may even be in the market for a £40,000 player to finish the squad as well as our quota of freebies!!!

£200,000 spent with £150,000 banked for the coming season.

Giant Midget

Disagree! If we spent £100,000 on one player and then £60,000on the next we may even be in the market for a £40,000 player to finish the squad as well as our quota of freebies!!!

Er where has your assumption come from that we have £350,000 in the bank to begin with? Seen the latest set of accounts have we?

Lobster Claw

Er where has your assumption come from that we have £350,000 in the bank to begin with? Seen the latest set of accounts have we?
Says in E&E today apparently!

Parklife

Says in E&E today apparently!
So therefore must be true. ^o)

Even if Derby are paying that for Deano, doesn't mean it comes all up front. Doesn't mean we haven't got bills to pay. Certainly doesn't mean it can all go out again on transfer fees to bring in new players.

STURTZ

Can see City using loan players next season.

We're League 1 now and must be seen as a good grounding place for up and coming Premiership clubs, Spurs for instance.

Having said that we're probably a bit too high to bring our own young players on through the first team and will probably want to loan out some of our own future Moxeys for development.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster

And so we don't want to spend anything on wages?

Poultice

With Rotherham in the league below spending £150000 on their new striker for the coming season,
Would that be the Rotherham who had nothing to play for in their last game because of the points deduction they got for spending too much money before.

Norwich, or whoever, got Gill for nowt, how many other players are currently looking for a new home that wouls cost zilch ? Now bearing in mind that our current squad, you know the one, two promotions two years, you must have noticed the open top bus nonsense, well only one of that squad actually cost up front money, do you see where I am going with this ?

I wouldn't pay a transfer fee for anybody, that is not in my opinion the way to do it, despite the "record bid for a striker", Tis seems to believe this as well as he hasn't paid transfer fees for anyone...........yet.