• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Why is the Supporters Trust Silent?

ex_user1234

Resigned
Ed - with regards the the betting company's sponsorship, the context is still important. If the value of the deal was small and there was another company willing to pay similar amount (albeit slightly less) then I'd back the decision. If the amount was significant and there was no alternatives waiting in the wings, then it was wrong (IMO).
The deal was significant enough for the commercial team to be excited by it because I spoke to them directly about it. There was clearly no alternative waiting in the wings because it took another 6 months to find a replacement, which I presume was for a lesser amount but don't know for sure. The reason football clubs work with betting companies is they pay very well. Best case scenario we missed out on 6 months of sponsorship revenue.

dommers

The deal was significant enough for the commercial team to be excited by it because I spoke to them directly about it. There was clearly no alternative waiting in the wings because it took another 6 months to find a replacement, which I presume was for a lesser amount but don't know for sure. The reason football clubs work with betting companies is they pay very well. Best case scenario we missed out on 6 months of sponsorship revenue.
Or the deal we've now got a deal that compensates for the missed 6 months, if they were any missed months, and are earning more. Obviously if you know better you'll provide some evidence

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or the deal we've now got a deal that compensates for the missed 6 months, if they were any missed months, and are earning more. Obviously if you know better you'll provide some evidence
TBF dommers we don't know the answer to either.

dommers

TBF dommers we don't know the answer to either.
Exactly my point. It's all speculation from those who have their own personal agendas

DB9

Exactly my point. It's all speculation from those who have their own personal agendas
I guess that is what Exeweb is great for, Speculation. You can't prove we had a much better deal than the one that Ed said was offered unless you're in the know or whether Ed is telling the truth about a deal with the betting company, Can't prove any of it.

dommers

I guess that is what Exeweb is great for, Speculation. You can't prove we had a much better deal than the one that Ed said was offered unless you're in the know or whether Ed is telling the truth about a deal with the betting company, Can't prove any of it.
I'm not trying to prove anything, just think some of Ed's post are ridiculous, but then that's just my opinion.

DB9

I'm not trying to prove anything, just think some of Ed's post are ridiculous, but then that's just my opinion.
Exactly, We all have opinions that we should be allowed to have, As long as they do not condone violence, abuse etc, That is what i love about Exeweb, You see so many views and opinions, Read them and they might help form one of your own and in this Lockdown Exeweb for me has been an emense help to while away the day.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Why don't you ring up the head of commercial and ask him yourself.

ex_user1234

Resigned
If I'm not mistaken there was a thread on Exeweb a couple of years ago asking for opinions about City associating with betting firms. That's not official of course - just an opinion poll.
If you can point me to the thread in question that would be appreciated. Thanks. Of course, collating a few opinions on Exeweb is hardly the same as a full and open poll of all Exeter City fans.

IndoMike

If you can point me to the thread in question that would be appreciated. Thanks. Of course, collating a few opinions on Exeweb is hardly the same as a full and open poll of all Exeter City fans.
Yes, it would just be some additional input, nothing determinative. But I honestly have no idea where the thread is. I clearly remember there was a lot of discussion on the topic : many pages.I think there was a specific thread, but it could have been embedded in a thread about the Trust, or City finances, or somewhere
A mod would probably know but I don't think they provide a mod searching service .