• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Why is the Supporters Trust Silent?

ex_user1234

Resigned
I think self isolation might be getting to you. I recommend visiting your GP to discuss your paranoid thoughts.
How many Trust meetings have you been to in the past year? Have you run as a candidate for the Trust and seen what goes on behind the scenes? Do you have contacts at the highest level of the Club and Trust? Sorry, but you're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think what I'm saying is made up.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
To all the City fans who read Exeweb but aren't members, please read this post by Fareham Grecian and then share it with your mates who are City fans on WhatsApp and Facebook. I could not sum up better how the Marxists have taken over our club. This is the way they think. It is so far removed from the reality of most normal people's lives.
Have copied and pasted the most relevant bits Thank you for the heads up Ed

"
You sound insane.
I hope capitalists like you never get anywhere near our club - I am more and more pleased that I didn’t vote for you in the Trust elections."

UTC.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have I missed something here. When we eventually get back to SJP, we are dropping The KLF as run out music and doing this...

Sounds like a decent sing song, I can just picture the bank belting it out 😉. I'm sure our wordsmiths can fashion something suitable.

Labels eh...cheap.

Dannyred

You sound insane.

On the politics, people who work for a wage may or not be capitalists. It’s purely a belief, that people like you use to justify exploitation. We have a capitalist system so most people are forced to work for a wage; they are not often capitalists themselves.

Your demonisation of Marx is just weird and betrays your beliefs. Marx just argued that people who produce wealth (that is, the workers) should benefit from it as much as the capitalists. That scenario has no relevance to our club though - you seem to be denigrating the Trust as Marxists simply because they/we believe in the club having a better purpose than purely making money.

A football club, especially at our level, is more than just a business. And that is how it should be. I hope capitalists like you never get anywhere near our club - I am more and more pleased that I didn’t vote for you in the Trust elections.
Wow I can see that lockdown has clearly had an effect on your thinking, what an out of touch post.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Have I missed something here. When we eventually get back to SJP, we are dropping The KLF as run out music and doing this...

Sounds like a decent sing song, I can just picture the bank belting it out 😉. I'm sure our wordsmiths can fashion something suitable.

Labels eh...cheap.
Love it! Perhaps the instrumental version from time to time to honour our comrades in the CCP.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ed. Give it a rest.

As a Trust member I profoundly object to being accused of having had Marxist tendencies forced on me and by being a member, being nothing more than some sort of sycophantic patsy, hanging off every word of the Trust Board and blindly worshipping and applauding them whenever I am deigned to be allowed anywhere near them. It is insulting to me, and maybe to many others.

You've had many interesting things to say about improvements the Club can make, particularly in terms of revenue generation and widening reach but with outbursts like this, it isn't a surprise people at the top aren't listening.

With respect, I believe it is you who are so far removed from reality as to how the majority of City fans want the Club to run. Competently, Ethically, Successfully and understanding its role and responsibilities in the Community through its reach and influence.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Have copied and pasted the most relevant bits Thank you for the heads up Ed

"
You sound insane.
I hope capitalists like you never get anywhere near our club - I am more and more pleased that I didn’t vote for you in the Trust elections."

UTC.
Do fruitloop anarchists have friends? Your purpose on Exeweb seems to be to argue with everyone. You remind me of Don Logan in Sexy Beast.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ed. Give it a rest.

As a Trust member I profoundly object to being accused of having had Marxist tendencies forced on me and by being a member, being nothing more than some sort of sycophantic patsy, hanging off every word of the Trust Board and blindly worshipping and applauding them whenever I am deigned to be allowed anywhere near them. It is insulting to me, and maybe to many others.

You've had many interesting things to say about improvements the Club can make, particularly in terms of revenue generation and widening reach but with outbursts like this, it isn't a surprise people at the top aren't listening.

With respect, I believe it is you who are so far removed from reality as to how the majority of City fans want the Club to run. Competently, Ethically, Successfully and understanding its role and responsibilities in the Community through its reach and influence.
It is getting rather pathetic.

Value money making = Capitalism (evil)

Value community = Marxism (evil)

Value making money and the community = a good Football Club (ours).

There are always things on everything that we can do better. Why do some have to denigrate one thing over the other? Weak.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Ed. Give it a rest.

This is an open forum for Exeter City fans. My opinions are honestly held and based on real interactions with all of the major players at the Club and Trust. I'm sorry if you find what I say offensive, but I am quite within my rights to share my experiences and thoughts with other City fans. You basically just don't agree. Fine. I don't agree with the Marxist tendencies of the Trust.

ex_user1234

Resigned
It is getting rather pathetic.

Value money making = Capitalism (evil)

Value community = Marxism (evil)

Value making money and the community = a good Football Club (ours).

There are always things on everything that we can do better. Why do some have to denigrate one thing over the other? Weak.
The problem is it is skewed 90/10 in favour of community. Based on the personal political and philosophical beliefs of the Trust board. All I am saying is a 50/50 balance would be much, much better.