• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who was the City player you were most disappointed with?

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nards for me as well.
Scored a last-minute winner at Home Park in the first derby match for a decade....(facepalm)

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sebastian Scalise

StudentGrecian

Nards for me as well.
Not sure how Nards can be on this list! Yeah he came from the higher leagues, but he had hardly played regular football for Blackpool in the prior 2 years. In my opinion 19 goals was a good return over 2 seasons, especially considering he got the bulk of them in our relegation season.

Hoskins for me, can't blame the lad for being injured, just gutted we didn't get to see what he had to offer!

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tomlinson, another ex-Man Utd youth player

Reiner Moor, Irish U-21, clearly had talent and knew where the goal was but also the bottom of a pint glass too from all accounts

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Loanee Chris Hackett.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Loanee Chris Hackett.
why?, thought he played really well for us

hienzeECFC

Marcus haber anyone?

SDRighton

Good thread, I started a similar one a couple of years back but can't find it.

For me there's been too bloody many, but the following spring to mind, I think all mentioned already:

Chris Fry: joined us as Colchester's player of the year and with their fans wondering how we could possibly have persuaded him to sign. Was mediocre at best.

John O'Flynn: supposed goal machine that just didn't really score any goals. I expected Sean Devine, we got Dean Stamp.

Marcus Stewart: clear calibre, and much like Fry joined us as Yeovil (one division higher) POTY. Again, totally mediocre.

Neil Saunders: his housemate George Friend kept telling me he was brilliant, and apparently he was indeed superb in training. However, almost always injured and save for the goal v Barnet, delivered very little.

Well-known Exeweb poster
yeah neil saunders promised loads and had a period when he was absolutely amazing , who did he score that amazing goal against?, he was in 442 as a prem players choise as 'best lower lge player'
but according to tis he just couldnt keep his fitness level up, real shame

Well-known Exeweb poster
Marcus haber anyone?
weird i never held any expectations of him should have done being a prem lge loanee