• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who is not going on Saturday due the Ticketing policy or Prices at ECFC?

sign of the chimes

Methinks you'll be the next Grimsby Les and you'll be sticking around long after tomorrow's game. S'OK, you don't have to answer that one straight away ;)
You're another proper club (not in the 'proper' chaps sense - I hasten to add) - having followed your trials and tribulations this summer I'm sure I'll be looking in, if not contributing. Genuinely wish you all the best for the season ahead - in relation to the health of the club as much as anything else. I can certainly think of a few teams I'd rather see exiting through the trapdoor...

Last edited:

JamieEcfc

Well in relation to the thread, Decided I ain't going tomorrow, as it would have needed to have been a last minute decision which I can't do unless I get ripped off so its a no from me.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
So what? They could charge a quid and City £20 and there's still no way I'd go to the Chiefs over ECFC. frankly rugby's f***ing rubbish and not a patch on football so if you'd rather go and watch that on a Saturday afternoon then knock yourself out, but no true football fan would ever abandon it for rugby. The worst ever football match is still better than the best ever rugby match.
Now let me hear you say, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
So what? They could charge a quid and City £20 and there's still no way I'd go to the Chiefs over ECFC. frankly rugby's f***ing rubbish and not a patch on football so if you'd rather go and watch that on a Saturday afternoon then knock yourself out, but no true football fan would ever abandon it for rugby. The worst ever football match is still better than the best ever rugby match.
I am not a rugby fan in the slightest Anton as you well known , its a game played by those not skilled enough to play football , but for your bloke on the street with nothing to do on a Saturday who just likes sports in general and not a particular sport would you rather watch top level sport or 4th level sport for the same price or less ?

its a pretty obvious answer.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if the ticket prices will go back to what they originally were now Wolfy has gone. I somehow doubt it but loads of people that pay ad-hoc can only hope.

Antony Moxey

I am not a rugby fan in the slightest Anton as you well known , its a game played by those not skilled enough to play football , but for your bloke on the street with nothing to do on a Saturday who just likes sports in general and not a particular sport would you rather watch top level sport or 4th level sport for the same price or less ?

its a pretty obvious answer.
It's not at all because it's nothing like the same price or less. Unless of course you want to skew it by comparing the most expensive seats at City with the cheapest stand at Chiefs. The reality is that there is no comparison - if you go for the cheapest ticket for each and buy a pie and a pint at each you will pay substantially more at Chiefs than you will at City.

So for a family of four wondering what to do on a Saturday afternoon it's a far from obvious answer I'd suggest.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Not going today but that is because of a house move which is leaving us at the mercy of solicitors. I will be saving the money until I know me and the family have somewhere to live.

If it wasn't for that I would have bought advance big bank tickets this morning to get in as cheap as possible.

Phil B

I'm not going but it's a long way from Bogota, Colombia. I will be following from afar.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's all about the individual, isn't it? Because you don't personally like rugby it doesn't automatically make it a F***ing rubbish game - that would be pretentious.

Still, I suppose I'm as intolerant as you are because I can't for the life of me understand why people would be photographed in rubbish looking kit cars and then have the almighty arrogance to shove them on exeweb for all to see.

Willy Nilly

It's not at all because it's nothing like the same price or less. Unless of course you want to skew it by comparing the most expensive seats at City with the cheapest stand at Chiefs. The reality is that there is no comparison - if you go for the cheapest ticket for each and buy a pie and a pint at each you will pay substantially more at Chiefs than you will at City.

So for a family of four wondering what to do on a Saturday afternoon it's a far from obvious answer I'd suggest.
Our issue is attracting the ladies who are going to the Chiefs in their droves.