• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Where did it all go right?

Pobbop

Given that I was on the interview panel representing the Trust, I can confirm that emphasis was given to Tis on the importance of our Academy.
Indeed, he was giving direction in what he had to achieve and has done it superbly.

Can't believe some in this thread call our yoof success a "blip" when it's how we've worked, and Tisdale has been an huge part of that. JMT and Pym probably worth money now, and Sparkes and Collins could be in the future, it's no blip it's a production line that has been skillfully and expertly set-up.

Jazzi

Given that I was on the interview panel representing the Trust, I can confirm that emphasis was given to Tis on the importance of our Academy.
And hasn't he done/is doing well.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Never forgotten the positive impact a good defensive coach had on Tis' teams back in 2007 when Russell Osman joined us, and Matt Taylor was centre back.

Arguably, it's all gone right since we appointed another good defensive coach.

AndrewP

Mr Tisdales comments in the age attributed to him in the programe today say exactly what I've been saying for yonks.....

5th Paragraph..... "Is is no surprise that when results began to turn around last season, after a difficult beginning, that coincided with Wayne Carlisle, Andy Tillson and Matt Taylor joining our coaching team. Matt Oakley has also added great value as assistant manager this season and Mel Gwinnet and Steve Perryman continues to do excelllent job in their respective roles"

Tisdale alone has not brought us success....... Yems, Osman......both in their time also...

Chuffed its all going well mind you...

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor has a footballing IQ up there with the best. He was a southern league oil tanker with a 10 mile turning circle but that didn't stop him being the best center back I've ever seen at city.

Pobbop

Mr Tisdales comments in the age attributed to him in the programe today say exactly what I've been saying for yonks.....

5th Paragraph..... "Is is no surprise that when results began to turn around last season, after a difficult beginning, that coincided with Wayne Carlisle, Andy Tillson and Matt Taylor joining our coaching team. Matt Oakley has also added great value as assistant manager this season and Mel Gwinnet and Steve Perryman continues to do excelllent job in their respective roles"

Tisdale alone has not brought us success....... Yems, Osman......both in their time also...

Chuffed its all going well mind you...
Indeed, but having a team, that presumably you helped select is all part of "management", every great manager has had assistants that do a job, Alex Ferguson was notably worse when he didn't have a decent Assistant, Clough was never the same without Taylor, Liverpool was based on the bootroom boys, souness decided to disband that, and it's beem downhill eever since.

Matt Russell

Tisdale alone has not brought us success.
You're right of course. Football is a team game, but Paul Tisdale is the man in charge of both our on-field and off-field teams.

Slogger

I was talking to a guy on Saturday he has something to do with the board not sure what, he was telling us how this team are the most united in the dressing he as ever known, they all get along tremendously, he was saying that he feel's that this is having a great impact on the way they performing so long may it continue.

IndoMike

I was talking to a guy on Saturday he has something to do with the board not sure what, he was telling us how this team are the most united in the dressing he as ever known, they all get along tremendously, he was saying that he feel's that this is having a great impact on the way they performing so long may it continue.
You kinda sense that from the way they're playing on the field. It is really good to know.

IndoMike

Matt Taylor has a footballing IQ up there with the best. He was a southern league oil tanker with a 10 mile turning circle but that didn't stop him being the best center back I've ever seen at city.
Hm. Better than Shaun Taylor?