• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

When Honesty is not the Best Policy.....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What's the betting that DB9's gets promotion soon?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
What's the betting that DB9's gets promotion soon?
Can't see that happening anytime soon :D Well I've done my bit at the interview, All I can do is wait and fingers crossed I get a positive response, If not on to the next one

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Good luck DB9

I was with a company for what felt like a lifetime always first in and last to stay if needed until I felt the work was more important to the owner than the person when my mother passed away, it was that day I made the decision to leave with no work to walk into !

Less than 1 week later I set up my own company doing the exact same work to my standards went round to previous customers told them I now work for myself instead of the old company and was pretty much welcomed in and haven't looked back since !

I'm a lot happier not trying to cut corners and make time up here and there on the road etc best move I ever made.

ecfc70

Your line manager sounds like a complete tool.......raise a grievance against him/her or they will do it again to others if not you......today's society has made sure you can't just give him a slap or tell him to FO and get on with life.
Good luck with the interview, when I changed job last year I just took the time off and kept quiet to my then employer until I handed in my notice

Last edited:

DB9

Sorry to bore but an update, Interview went well but you never know and still waiting, upon return to work on the Tuesday I was hauled (Again) into my line managers office and was told i let everyone down by having the time off, Could face a disciplinary and my negative outlook and moaning was bringing the whole place down (If that was the case you'd think he'd be delighted i was looking elsewhere for a job) And as of now until he sees fit I am on probation and have lost the use of a vehicle unless its in the benefit of the company! and will get no flexibility unless i improve at work (But people who do the same job as me still use theirs) Hey ho!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Is there no union rep at your workplace ?

If you walked out tomorrow you could use the aggravation from above and the probation imposed for little more than an annoyance to yourself towards constructive dismissal ?

It does seem from the outside they truly are a bunch of F*** tards who you need to leave asap.

DB9

Is there no union rep at your workplace ?

If you walked out tomorrow you could use the aggravation from above and the probation imposed for little more than an annoyance to yourself towards constructive dismissal ?

It does seem from the outside they truly are a bunch of F*** tards who you need to leave asap.
Not a hope in hell there are unions at work, I am writing all down, With dates, time and what was said etc, But you're right I am trying exactly that to get out ASAP

Antony Moxey

I would seriously be in his manager’s office tomorrow recounting exactly what this jumped up twerp has said. Then afterwards, when you can guarantee no one is within earshot, confront the twerp face to face, call him all the names under the sun and tell him if he thinks he can threaten you you’re going to kick the sh*t out of him. With no witnesses when he then goes to the boss you simply deny it all and say that it merely confirms what a piece of work he is making up allegations about you and how petty he is just because you went for another job. Oh, and by the way boss, with the way you’ve been treated by this twerp is it any wonder you’re going for another job.

LOG

Sorry to bore but an update, Interview went well but you never know and still waiting, upon return to work on the Tuesday I was hauled (Again) into my line managers office and was told i let everyone down by having the time off, Could face a disciplinary and my negative outlook and moaning was bringing the whole place down (If that was the case you'd think he'd be delighted i was looking elsewhere for a job) And as of now until he sees fit I am on probation and have lost the use of a vehicle unless its in the benefit of the company! and will get no flexibility unless i improve at work (But people who do the same job as me still use theirs) Hey ho!
I'm no employment law expert, as i'm about to demonstrate, but i'd seriously question whether he's actually allowed to put you back on probation. Obviously it'll all depend on your contract but the point of a probationary period is that it's an opportunity when you first start employment for the employer to assess if you're capable of doing the job, identify any training needs etc and for you to see if you are happy in the job. I can only speak for myself but if having completed my initial probationary period which was, i think, 6 months (it was a long time ago) my employer had problems with my performance then i wouldn't have been put back on probation, it would have been handled through structured performance management and, ultimately, disciplinary proceedings.

It might stir things up a bit but i'd ask him to show you where in your contract and/or the company's policies/employee handbook it says they're able to do this.

Good luck whatever happens. As others have said, your line manager sounds like a bit of a count.

Last edited:

DB9

You Gents have been a breath of fresh air, I've been at the job for nearly 3 years and today the GM was away. Ant don't think I've thought of seeing him, Just me and him but i want to go down the less "confrontational" but that is certainly on the agenda, Every single word he has said or will say is being written down, dated on here. Whether its just hearsay but someone i trust has said HR have had a couple of others say things, Who? I don't know but they will get all the details if my GM doesn't do anything. One thing that annoyed me the most was at the start after he said i couldn't go and went to the GM, The GM spoke to him and i was hauled into his office saying that going above his head was not on, Seems like he thinks he's above the GM, Bit of a ego tripper i think