• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Whatever happened to... Ian Huxham?

Ian Sideman

I don't think you should knock somebody on the basis of their beliefs. Seems like a cheap shot to me.

Just saying like.

Darren H

bumped into him in the town centre last week

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
He was the right bloke at the time and had the courage to stand up to Russell and Lewis. Bit bonkers maybe but a good City supporter.

Grecian Max

I don't think you should knock somebody on the basis of their beliefs. Seems like a cheap shot to me.

Just saying like.
Watched "Religulous" the other night, awesome film (dockumentary). Well worth a watch, completely pisses all over the idea of religion, and not just Christianity. And done in a very grounded, real way.

Cheap shot maybe, but if people must "believe" utter sh*te from a book over 2,000 years old which includes Adam & Eve (which is b*ll*cks, as proven by Evolution), magic tricks that either never happened or were greatly exaggerated performed by a bloke called Jesus (look for the (OLDER) Egyptian story of Horus for a surprising amount of similarities, funny eh?), then people have the right to take the ****.

Let's not forget that Huxham brought in a club chaplain, as well as getting his happy-clappy church involved, for me a completely selfish and pointless move, not in the greater interests of the club. So his religion is relevant to how City fans view him. Also, him trying to sue the club, with disasterous consequences oh dear.

He'll never be welcome back at SJP in my (not Gods) book. Remember him trying to stand on the Bank and not lasting long :D

elginCity

Was it the Southend game when he was on the pitch with the microphone and excitedly informed everyone that (IIRC) Aldershot had won/lost and we weren't going down...only to retract it about a minute later? Memory playing up.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Accrington, April 2004.

I'm with those who wish him well. Leaving aside the religious stuff and the Tribunal (and Footypitch!), he generally did a good job in helping to stabilise the club in its darkest days.

Ian Sideman

Watched "Religulous" the other night, awesome film (dockumentary). Well worth a watch, completely pisses all over the idea of religion, and not just Christianity. And done in a very grounded, real way.

Cheap shot maybe, but if people must "believe" utter sh*te from a book over 2,000 years old which includes Adam & Eve (which is b*ll*cks, as proven by Evolution), magic tricks that either never happened or were greatly exaggerated performed by a bloke called Jesus (look for the (OLDER) Egyptian story of Horus for a surprising amount of similarities, funny eh?), then people have the right to take the ****.

Let's not forget that Huxham brought in a club chaplain, as well as getting his happy-clappy church involved, for me a completely selfish and pointless move, not in the greater interests of the club. So his religion is relevant to how City fans view him. Also, him trying to sue the club, with disasterous consequences oh dear.

He'll never be welcome back at SJP in my (not Gods) book. Remember him trying to stand on the Bank and not lasting long :D
I guess he's entitled to his views as much as you are Max.

Humility is a positive personality trait though.

greenawayr

what you believe and what someone else believes is surely up to the individual. You may not like people preaching to you, so why don't you wind your neck in and stop preaching to others?

crocks

What I do object to is people preaching in the middle of town. Usually, of a lunchtime, I want to get out and get some fresh air, get rid of the headache.....the last thing I need to hear is someone shouting about hell and damnation and the sins of man, whilst shoving some leaflet under my nose.

Please keep it in the church, chapel, synagogue.....

angelic upstart

I am hoping that you don't celebrate any religious festival and if necessary offer to work over the Christmas period.

The irony of you saying "I watched a film the other night and it pisses on this theory which has stood the test of time" isn't lost on me.

Oh can you prove evolution to me whilst you're at it. I need to see and touch proof because that's what I believe in.

As an aside, I always find it slightly odd that the back of any Gideons bible has a weights and measures table on it. I've neever read the bible but it is an odd bibliography.