• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What tipple are you drinking tonight thread

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed, picked up a case after work today !
£2.05 a bottle in Ocado as I googled it when I saw your post, and Ocado have a deal on Merkel Passata which whilst not booze is decent passata. So I'll be buying some shortly!

Chin, chin chap!

Avening Posse

£2.05 a bottle in Ocado as I googled it when I saw your post, and Ocado have a deal on Merkel Passata which whilst not booze is decent passata. So I'll be buying some shortly!

Chin, chin chap!
its about 2 dollars a bottle here which is about a quid !

angelic upstart

its about 2 dollars a bottle here which is about a quid !
And they say the cost of living is higher in Australia....

Avening Posse

And they say the cost of living is higher in Australia....
Total myth.....the important things like going to sporting events and going to the pub are defo cheaper in Oz :)

Swanaldo

Took a punt on an unknown bottle of red from Lidl.

Tuffeau Cabernet Franc, very nice for the money and is pairing well with the Ryder Cup highlights.

Alistair20000

A very pleasant Moulin-a-Vent procured in France earlier this year

1696186822774.jpeg

Trapdoor

Tuffeau Cabernet Franc, very nice for the money and is pairing well with the Ryder Cup highlights.
Cab Franc is really undergoing a bit of a renaissance trend at the moment, lots of new world areas starting to make 100% CF bottlings. I like the "green-ness" it brings and Loire generally offers great value.

I drank some Puglia Primitivo yesterday, for such a tannic robust grape it wasnt very structured or complex. Soft and fruity, easy drinking. Probably a crowd pleaser but not great value imo.

Bridgy 81

I preface this by saying that I know virtually nothing about wine.
But a few years ago my wife and I spent some time in San Francisco and Hawaii.
Whilst in the former we took a one day, organized trip to visit three wineries or vineyards (not sure which) in the Napa Valley/Sonoma area.
From memory they were called Cline, Madonna and Jacuzzi.
It’s the latter one which sticks in my mind the most as they explained to us there that apparently they are the same family who developed the bath of the same name!
I’ve read about it since in several places so believe it to be true.
They made a very nice Primitivo, which made me think of this story when I read Trapdoor’s post above.
After we got home the only place we could find it was an online company called HTF (Hard to Find) Wines.
So we bought a few bottles and whilst drinking them pretended to be back in California, which isn’t that difficult in Bridgwater if you consume enough of it and take your specs off.

Ex-ciderrr

Camden pale ale. Couple last night to round the week off, decent swig (y)

Alistair20000

A very nice Strine Shiraz lifted from in yer face brashness by a 5% addition of Viognier