• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What might have been

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
An extract from an article in the Guardian

"To lose six of your seven final games in a season (and draw the other) is unusual and very painful," Tisdale says. "A slump like that can breed a lot of negativity and I felt that the confidence around the place had been drained out of it. That needed to be changed. The relationship between the supporters and the players had broken down and I felt that we needed a new team for the fans to encourage and try to back. There has been a big turnover of players. There is only one of the current starting XI that played at the back end of last season and that's Artur.

Since last summer, 17 players have left St James Park, 12 have gone out on loan and seven new faces arrived. At the same time a number of promising academy graduates have been given a chance to impress in the first team. Tisdale could have chosen to go down another route, by turning to the more experienced players who remain under contract.

"After relegation followed by the pathetic end to last season the supporters needed a new focus. And also I felt the team needed new energy, new freshness, new enthusiasm, some people coming in who were genuinely excited to play for Exeter and wanted to personally start climbing up the ladder, achieving things in football and being successful. I felt that was the right thing."

Full article here

Rog H K

PeteUSA please read the above.;)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
You might just wish to click the link first, Rog!

Rog H K

I know Jason, but it all reads pretty much true.

malcolms

I know Jason, but it all reads pretty much true.
It's a little known fact that we nearly hired Kenny Jackett as manager of ECFC....

iscalad

An extract from an article in the Guardian

"To lose six of your seven final games in a season (and draw the other) is unusual and very painful," Tisdale says. "A slump like that can breed a lot of negativity and I felt that the confidence around the place had been drained out of it. That needed to be changed. The relationship between the supporters and the players had broken down and I felt that we needed a new team for the fans to encourage and try to back. There has been a big turnover of players. There is only one of the current starting XI that played at the back end of last season and that's Artur.

Since last summer, 17 players have left St James Park, 12 have gone out on loan and seven new faces arrived. At the same time a number of promising academy graduates have been given a chance to impress in the first team. Tisdale could have chosen to go down another route, by turning to the more experienced players who remain under contract.

"After relegation followed by the pathetic end to last season the supporters needed a new focus. And also I felt the team needed new energy, new freshness, new enthusiasm, some people coming in who were genuinely excited to play for Exeter and wanted to personally start climbing up the ladder, achieving things in football and being successful. I felt that was the right thing."

Full article here
****hmm starts with a T then a W then A and finally another T,

Last edited:

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
......Is this meant to be funny or?..

PeteUSA

......Is this meant to be funny or?..
I think they're taking the p*ss out of me, be implying that the verbage quoted is from Tis, instead of Kenny Jackett! I'm glad they're seeing the funny side of us, having a manager we cant get rid of!

arthur

****hmm starts with a T then a W then A and finally another T,
It seems you are trying to call me a name. Not sure why - all I was doing was simply pointing out that things could have been done differently; get rid of the old experienced players, get some fresh blood in, promote more youth (as Wolves have done) and we might not have found ourselves in a relegation scrap. Is that really so upsetting? Or are you just very unhappy?

PeteUSA

Arthur

When he first posted that, I suspect he was p*ssed up!