• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What book are you reading ...

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
May we have a little list please Jay
That would take too long. As you can see from my post count I have very little spare time to spend on here.

StroudGrecian

Do you have a book in mind Jay? Praps a magazine like Redvee, get you into the swing of things? Or are you going to dive straight into A la recherché?

Grecian_Jay

Do you have a book in mind Jay? Praps a magazine like Redvee, get you into the swing of things? Or are you going to dive straight into A la recherché?
Don't do French. It would need to be short chapters. James Patterson or something.

Alistair20000

Jay: As I applaud the efforts of the great unwashed in the noble art of readage I will send you a signed copy of the biography I am writing. It is "The Life, Times & Achievements of Paul Cheesedale."

Would you like to contribute a paragragh ? I'll give you a credit for it.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
On my desk in various stages of completion : The Crow Road, Cash: An Autobigraphy, A Journey to the Centre of the Earth, War Cries on Horseback and a Harry Crews novel that a customer gave me which I 'must read'.

I'm halfway through The Crow Road and still not sure if I've read it before. As it has the following elements I cannot disentangle it from rest of Banks' work:

1. A Big House
  2. A Hot Girl (who may be your cousin)
  3. Obscure Classic Cars
  4. Storms
  5. Lakes
  6. Dotty Avuncular Characters
  7. Stoners Discussing Politics and/or Music
  8. Love triangles
Might it be that you saw the excellent mini-series?

Grecian_Jay

Jay: As I applaud the efforts of the great unwashed in the noble art of readage I will send you a signed copy of the biography I am writing. It is "The Life, Times & Achievements of Paul Cheesedale."

Would you like to contribute a paragragh ? I'll give you a credit for it.
I do like a good auto-biography. Easy reading for someone like me who lacks the ability/patience to read a novel. However I wouldn't even use Tisdale's auto-biog to qipe my arse with.

Alistair20000

I do like a good auto-biography. Easy reading for someone like me who lacks the ability/patience to read a novel. However I wouldn't even use Tisdale's auto-biog to qipe my arse with.
Yes, I thought I had judged your readage tastes but the word underlined has got me beat.

Grecian_Jay

Yes, I thought I had judged your readage tastes but the word underlined has got me beat.
It's Latin...

Alistair20000

It's Latin...
Unknown to this particular scholar. Translation please :)

StroudGrecian

It's Latin...
..for 'Goalie'