• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What a great idea.....

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Rosencrantz

Dan Hayfield has experience of this himself of course having moved on a scholarship to Canada after leaving City after his time in our youth team.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Good move from the club and will help provide another Pathway for our young players if they don't get offered pro terms.
I'm actually good friends with Andrew Kean the owner of Firstpoint and used to sign a lot of their players when I was coaching in the College/University system over here. It's a good company that will provide good opportunities for the players to come over here and play in the US University system while getting a degree.

Grecian2K

Could make emergency mid-season recalls a bit pricey though. :p

Great idea. Forward thinking

Mid Devon Grecian

Good move from the club and will help provide another Pathway for our young players if they don't get offered pro terms.
I'm actually good friends with Andrew Kean the owner of Firstpoint and used to sign a lot of their players when I was coaching in the College/University system over here. It's a good company that will provide good opportunities for the players to come over here and play in the US University system while getting a degree.
Sounds great but I don’t quite get the concept in connection with UK clubs.

We have kids who maybe aren’t going to make it and they get a chance to continue playing and doing a degree in the US?

Who’s paying and what meaningful benefit does it provide to the US?

With such a huge population I guess they’re not exactly short of kids to train/educate themselves.