• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

We've got a play off challenging side

GrecianByTransit

If we manage to retain/sign onto permanents and all stay fit, I think the team below is in contention for the play offs. Fitzwater and Watts are obviously big question marks but I wanted to make it as much as the current squad as possible. Didn't include the likes of Sinisalo, Rankine and Harris cause there is no chance.

Discuss

New GK / Lee
Niskanen - Sweeney - Diabate - Jules - Purrington
Woods - Cole
Aitchison - Demi
Cox

Subs: Aimson, Eisa, Alli, Harper, Fitzwater, Watts, Carroll

Last edited:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we manage to retain/sign onto permanents and all stay fit, I think the team below is in contention for the play offs. Fitzwater and Watts are obviously big question marks but I wanted to make it as much as the current squad as possible.

Discuss

New GK / Lee
Woods - Carroll
Aitchison - Cole - Demi
Cox

Subs: Aimson, Eisa, Alli, Harper, Fitzwater, Watts, New signing
That's pretty much the team we've had this season that's spent the majority of it looking destined for relegation...

I admire your optimism but absolutely no chance especially under Caldwell.

*Edit* just noticed you've written 12 players so on that basis we could get play offs I suppose.

Mid Devon Grecian

If we manage to retain/sign onto permanents and all stay fit, I think the team below is in contention for the play offs. Fitzwater and Watts are obviously big question marks but I wanted to make it as much as the current squad as possible. Didn't include the likes of Sinisalo, Rankine and Harris cause there is no chance.

Discuss

New GK / Lee
Woods - Carroll
Aitchison - Cole - Demi
Cox

Subs: Aimson, Eisa, Alli, Harper, Fitzwater, Watts, New signing
I guess we’d have a chance if we could play with 12 on the pitch each week!

GrecianByTransit

That's pretty much the team we've had this season that's spent the majority of it looking destined for relegation...

I admire your optimism but absolutely no chance especially under Caldwell.

*Edit* just noticed you've written 12 players so on that basis we could get play offs I suppose.
Not all fit at the same time though! And certain players are starting to kick into form. I think we're good at the back and I think a midfield duo of Woods and Cole is genuinely fantastic at this level.

For the record, I did put 12 players in the first squad, corrected now haha

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perkins is up early

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think the problem is the quality of the players it's more the tactics that hold this team back. To push on and realise our potential GC and Perks would have to change things but, sadly, I can't see it happening.

GrecianByTransit

I don't think the problem is the quality of the players it's more the tactics that hold this team back. To push on and realise our potential GC and Perks would have to change things but, sadly, I can't see it happening.
I see where you're coming from. That 3 months of bad results was appalling but I think people need to zoom out and see that before and after that period, we've been alright. Caldwell isn't as bad as people make out, truth be told we're a league 2 side playing in league 1 and we're doing alright, everything considered

ryancooper327

Discuss

New GK / Lee
Woods - Cole
Aitchison - Demi
Cox

Subs: Aimson, Eisa, Alli, Harper, Fitzwater, Watts, Carroll
Nah need loads more quality. Love the optimism but I think we’d be mid table at best.

I also can’t see Woods and Mitchell being here next year.

GrecianByTransit

Nah need loads more quality. Love the optimism but I think we’d be mid table at best.

I also can’t see Woods and Mitchell being here next year.
Me neither, I'm trying to highlight the quality we currently have. They are both decidedly championship level players. I'd argue that at least a few more are too.

I think the team I posted, plus a couple of supplementary players would be a top half side at the least.

I am an eternal optimist though 😂

paperclip

Me neither, I'm trying to highlight the quality we currently have. They are both decidedly championship level players. I'd argue that at least a few more are too.

I think the team I posted, plus a couple of supplementary players would be a top half side at the least.

I am an eternal optimist though 😂
So you claim we are a League Two team playing in League One, but also that we have a handful of Championship level players.

Can't be both, surely?