• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I think the situation is simply that Stubbs leaving presented us with the opportunity to bring in Aimson. Had stubbs not have left, I doubt Aimson would have come in.
Exactly!

If the Pollock loan deal had come off then we may have kept Sam till the end of the season (we'll never know), but when the opportunity to sign Aimson permanently presented itself the club acted which meant that Stubbs could/needed to be moved on from a financial perspective.

I think Stubbs is/was quality when he played for us, but with the money he was on, I'm sure the club couldn't take the risk of giving him a new contract heading into next season, and moved quickly to bring in Aimson who will be an excellent signing over the next two seasons. So in all reality it worked out well for everyone.

I would have loved a fit Stubbs to have stayed with us, but totally understand the clubs and GC's thinking behind the move.

All the best to Sam as I'm sure he will do well for Bradford and we will always be thankful that we were able to get him fit enough for the 2nd half of last season to help us get promoted!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
One thing that hasn't been mentioned apropos Sam's departure is that, according to Jevani's tweets, the two of them shared a house somewhere in Exeter.

That being the case, you have to wonder if Sam was a good influence on Jevani, mindful that no sooner has he departed for Yorkshire than our No. 20 is getting himself arrested in the city centre in the early hours of the morning.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
One thing that hasn't been mentioned apropos Sam's departure is that, according to Jevani's tweets, the two of them shared a house somewhere in Exeter.

That being the case, you have to wonder if Sam was a good influence on Jevani, mindful that no sooner has he departed for Yorkshire than our No. 20 is getting himself arrested in the city centre in the early hours of the morning.
Evidence of a journalistic mind at work here ? :unsure: :)

iscalad

2+2 =5???

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Or maybe the opposite is true? Stubbs hasn't been playing. He's maybe been egging (pun intended) Jev on to go out when he shouldn't be. Maybe it was one final blow-out before he moved up there?

See how you can just make up any old rubbish without any evidence that could be plausible? 😉

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or maybe the opposite is true? Stubbs hasn't been playing. He's maybe been egging (pun intended) Jev on to go out when he shouldn't be. Maybe it was one final blow-out before he moved up there?

See how you can just make up any old rubbish without any evidence that could be plausible? 😉
Jevani to Bradford then ?
UTC

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Evidence of a journalistic mind at work here ? :unsure: :)
I wasn’t suggesting this was what had happened, merely speculating that it was a possibility.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'll probably never get the full truth of the Stubbs saga. The bottom line is he came to us injured, became fit and played brilliantly for half a season and then this season was a combination of injury, change in management etc resulting in him not getting game time.

He's gone, he's in L2, thanks for your efforts, now its time for us to move on.

Boyo

Do we insure players against injury, so that when they are injured their wages are paid by the insurance company? I've no idea if that's a thing, or whether we opt in, but it could explain the reluctance to play him.

andrew p long

Do we insure players against injury, so that when they are injured their wages are paid by the insurance company? I've no idea if that's a thing, or whether we opt in, but it could explain the reluctance to play him.
I'm pretty confident that we don't have insurance to cover the wages of injured players.