• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Sam Stubbs (and Cheerio)

Arthur Davey

He could score in a brothel....... (or am I thinking of somebody else).
1963–1969
Torquay United
217 appearances, 120 goals

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks to have a very good 40-50 yards diagonal pass on him 👍

Pobbop

Good signing I think, welcome to City Sam.

Why do we continue to buy players that come to us injured,not ready to play especially when we have a fixture congestion. Utter madness.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks to have a very good 40-50 yards diagonal pass on him 👍
Indeed he does. Though, playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, I imagine most players have a fairly impressive showreel.

Red Devon

Indeed he does. Though, playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, I imagine most players have a fairly impressive showreel.
They do yes, Stubb’s does genuinely have a quality feel to it though.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks to have a bit of pace, a real luxury for a L2 center half

Alistair20000

Why do we continue to buy players that come to us injured,not ready to play especially when we have a fixture congestion. Utter madness.
Taking a longer term view maybe ?

I hope this is not a Tisdale type crock signing who will take months to be fit to play.

Rosencrantz

I think this was an opportunity taken. It sounds like from Matt that we have been tracking him for a while. He fits that "Dara O'Shea/Jordan Storey" profile of a young, mobile, powerful defender who likes to defend. Fleetwood seem to be having a clear out and he has become available at a price we can afford and we've nipped in quickly. The stars have kind of aligned for this one but he has just had a spell out injured. I'm not aware of any problems before.

IndoMike

Met robin stubbs once,he was rep for a ink print company,nice bloke and spoke very highly of graham Parker who I believe was at villa the same time as robin stubbs
We could do with a Graham Parker in the squad now. Not a big bloke but tough as nails. Tidy passer, too. Sometimes when our opponents break forward it seems like they get a free pass : it would be good to have someone to break it up - one way or the other..