• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Mo Eisa

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stockley?
Yes, but in a slightly more convoluted way !

DawlishBouy

Yes, but in a slightly more convoluted way !
Stansfield, Randall

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The thoughts of Gary

Colesman Ballz

Stansfield, Randall
Stansfield didn't go for "Big Money", Fulham snapped him up for £100k ish, and Joel isn't a striker per se, we played him out wide and Posh are using him in midfield, but nonetheless he was a very "good earner" for us !

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Eh ? I'll give you Ollie, and maybe Sam but after that it'sTom Nichols at £300k and then you are down to Matt Jay and the lad we sold to Truro for £10k. The Club that have really turned them out consistently over the last 50 years is Bristol Rovers.
Who've Cheltenham put out and for what values? I doubt they've got more then us over the last decade for the sale of strikers. 750K for Stockley, we must've got decent money for Stansfield, even. 7 figures for Watkins and Nombe, Tom Nichols. You could argue that Randall fits loosely into the "forward" category... Not bad going.

DawlishBouy

Stansfield didn't go for "Big Money", Fulham snapped him up for £100k ish, and Joel isn't a striker per se, we played him out wide and Posh are using him in midfield, but nonetheless he was a very "good earner" for us !
If I remember correctly the only thing said about Stansfield’s transfer to Fulham was that it had been conducted amicably and the fee was, of couse, undisclosed. It might have been a few thousand or it might have add-ons potentially worth millions. We just don’t know.

John William

If I remember correctly the only thing said about Stansfield’s transfer to Fulham was that it had been conducted amicably and the fee was, of couse, undisclosed. It might have been a few thousand or it might have add-ons potentially worth millions. We just don’t know.
This is what the Club actually said.

The fee agreed is undisclosed at Fulham’s request. However, while it is more than what the club would likely get in an arbitration fee and also includes add-ons and sell on, it is below what Exeter City feel is Jay’s true value.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Shame it’s only a loan IMO.

After all this time promising we would sign a striker to only have borrowed one (it could become permanent in the summer i assume if it goes well) is slighting disappointing but i suppose beggars can’t be choosers.

hopefully he bangs 5/6 in and stays next season.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am really happy with this signing. Good record and seems to be of the nature of what we need right now