• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Kieran Phillips (in on loan)

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's fast.

Trapdoor

He's fast.
But not as fast as the contract release paperwork.

tonykellowfan

A taller version of Ben Seymour.

Banksy

A taller version of Ben Seymour.
So , apart from being tall he’s not got much else about him then?
Bit worrying we’re going into the final run in a bit light then up front maybe with Sam missing. We seem to be well covered on paper in that department but will we struggle in the run in .Being able to watch games frequently, how would you rate him , Zanzala and Amond in order? Difficult probably because they will all have different attributes.Hopefully Brown , Jay and Dieng will stay fit and make up the difference.As long as someone gets the goals , won’t matter who.

Pobbop

In the end we are struggling up top, without Nombe, absolutely no doubt about it. Phillips, Zanzala, Amond, none give us anything like Nombe. Yet in the end, if they can just occupy defenders, and they all put a shift in, it gives a chance for a rock-solid defence, and Jay, Brown and Dieng to get enough goals to see us up.

It's not ideal, but I'm dsure every other team has their injury and suspension problems ATM. We are more than coping, and incredibly hard to beat.

Red Devon

In the end we are struggling up top, without Nombe, absolutely no doubt about it. Phillips, Zanzala, Amond, none give us anything like Nombe. Yet in the end, if they can just occupy defenders, and they all put a shift in, it gives a chance for a rock-solid defence, and Jay, Brown and Dieng to get enough goals to see us up.

It's not ideal, but I'm dsure every other team has their injury and suspension problems ATM. We are more than coping, and incredibly hard to beat.
I’d go back to Amond starting, at this time of the season expierence and know how are everything.

Bridgy 81

Interesting that 3 of our 4 current central striking options are loan players.
I can’t recall us ever being that reliant on loanees up front.
Although I appreciate that’s skewed slightly by Phillips coming in to cover for Zanzala.
I suppose it makes for an interesting time in the summer with presumably at least 2 or maybe 3 strikers on our shopping list.
If we get promoted we’ll be in the same division as Charlton. Jayden Stockley on loan anyone?

Bridgy 81

Deleted.

Last edited:

tonykellowfan

So , apart from being tall he’s not got much else about him then?
Bit worrying we’re going into the final run in a bit light then up front maybe with Sam missing. We seem to be well covered on paper in that department but will we struggle in the run in .Being able to watch games frequently, how would you rate him , Zanzala and Amond in order? Difficult probably because they will all have different attributes.Hopefully Brown , Jay and Dieng will stay fit and make up the difference.As long as someone gets the goals , won’t matter who.
Amond is a decent player but seems much better off the bench. When he has started for us he hasn't impressed. I would bring him on earlier in matches though 55/60 minute mark.

Neither Phillips nor Zanzala impress me very much. They run around, they try and do something but nothing much comes off. The difference is clear to see when Brown gets the ball, his touch is so much better, his awareness is miles better and he makes things happen. Zanzala looks low on skill and Phillips low on confidence.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our problem for the run in will be relationships between the players, this was pointed out by the commentary team last night stating that Brown and Zanzala didn't seem to have one, this will only come over time and with nine matches left not much time, particularly for Keiran to build much of an understanding with our other players particularly if he doesn't play.

I don't know what to make of Oz, if we had signed him in the close season we could have used him to good effect with coaching on his control and working within our style of play, but having signed him whilst the season is underway and then he gets injured, and we are having to adjust as the season evolves I feel there is too much for him to cope with for us to see the best of him. His hearts in the right place and is full of energy but we need more than that at this moment in time. But with Nombe injured needs must

I like Amond and I hope he returns to the club next season in a coaching role, last night although Matt feels he bought a steadying factor to the forward line there were a couple of times a younger Podge would have capitalised on some of our slipped through passes, shame age has caught up with him as I would have loved to have seen him play for us in his heyday.