• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wear your uniform and watch City v Carlisle for £5

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sandy park?
Well that is a man's game.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well that is a man's game.
You sound like my husband.

Poultice

You sound like my husband.
Must be a bit scary for you.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Must be a bit scary for you.
That thought is scary enough for me. :D

OmanGrecian

Seems strange being put into the away end, would rather be on Big Bank. I certainly won't turn down the offer though :)

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good idea to get the home support on all four sides of the pitch.

Fez Army HQ - somewhere behind enemy lines ..
I really like this idea & fair play to the Club for 'doing their bit'. I do have a couple of reservations / questions though:

As a former member of HM Armed Forces with 14yrs Service & the medals & war stories to back it up (Uncle Albert stylee')- how do I stand? Not wishing to knock our Army Cadets - I was one once myself & it's a great start to a military career but is a 14/15yr cadet more deserving of this offer than a Forces Veteran? I guess what I'm asking is, could the offer be extended to HM Armed Forces Veterans?

Secondly - the Away End??? WTF .... I'd want to stand with my oppo's on the Bank.

SLH

Oldsmobile-88

A good idea....Perhaps it could be extended for the whole season ?? (not necessarily in the SJ Rd end)

Poulticedale

I frankly don't understand why anyone offers charity to the military. They basically get paid to shoot brown people. Why couldn't we do an offer like this for charity workers or low paid health professionals? They are the real heroes.

I frankly don't understand why anyone offers charity to the military. They basically get paid to shoot brown people. Why couldn't we do an offer like this for charity workers or low paid health professionals? They are the real heroes.
Poulticedale you obviously have very little idea as to the life of a serviceman/woman otherwise you would have spent a little more time thinking before you wrote this. Service personnel are dedicated professionals who serve this country and are willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice defending it, they do not chose which part of the world to serve in they are sent by their political masters. Now you may not agree with where they are serving and I doubt you would chose to go there and take their place, but do not doubt their professionalism or strength of character and respect the job they do. You never know one day the fight could be closer to home and you may be glad they are around. Armed forces personnel do not consider themselves heroes it is a tag that has been given to them by a grateful public. I will agree with you that health care professionals, charity workers and many others are also what we now call heroes and deserve similar recognition for their service