• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

We sing a song for our Stanno.

MagzECFC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnEePNyzZx8

Slow it down on the bank boys and girls. Its not a race.

Last edited:

Leyster

I have been thinking this for quite a while, but its no fault of the singer's. Its all the happy clappers, half of who i dont think have a clue what we are singing and just start clapping as fast as they can.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was asked once at Newport and twice at Argyle what the words are...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I have been thinking this for quite a while, but its no fault of the singer's. Its all the happy clappers, half of who i dont think have a clue what we are singing and just start clapping as fast as they can.
Nothing beats being all sniffy at people trying to join in with chants for improving the atmosphere at the Park.

Devon_Lad

Too many clappers no singers these days. Blokes don't bother and leave it to the young kids, then usually moan when they sing stuff they don't like or go too quick

If you're gonna join in with clapping just sing too, is it that hard?

Devon_Lad

Ive got a vast array of anti-Argyle songs that the happy clappers won't like on here, I'll air them especially for you at Home Park, probably whilst obstructing everyone's view because ive turned up 10 minutes late (pub comes first) and stood front row. Oh, can we still take away green seats as souvenirs?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stanno song is always better with the drum. Pompey away a couple of season's back was probably the best I've seen so far.

I like that unlike loads of other clubs who just sing stupid French lyrics, it actually means something. It ends up (with the Devon accents) sounding very different to original chant.