• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

watery towels

flakey pasty

When I go to the gym, like I did this evening, I sometimes go for a swim - eleven lengths to be precise. To break the monotony of up going up and down, up and down, I dedicate each length to a member of the City team - basing my judgements on the form of individual players. Just to keep it interesting like.
Tonight however, as I'm recovering from a cold, I couldn't be arsed to do the customery eleven lengths- instead I did just five and constructed a City five-a side team . Here it is.
Length 1 - Artur
Length 2 - Golbourne
Length 3 - Noble
Length 4 - Bausa
Length 5 - Nardiello.
Like a lot of posters on here, I know very little about football, so I'd be very interested to see what other people think is our best five-a-side team, if they were enthusiastic swimmers like me.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
:)

Did you have a few beers after your swim ?

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm guessing you were swimming in Guinness or something?

This is the tyoe of thread I expect from my good mate ecfc01.

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

When i used to swim a lot i did this too! :(

1... Andy Marriott
2.... Steve Tully

When i reached paul tisdale and richard logan territory, i used to start to feel good about myself. Until i realised i was using footballers in place of numbers to count. Then i felt awkward.

flakey pasty

Missy and Jay - you two make me sick - just because I put Artur in goal, you think I've been drinking!
;)

scholsey

Artur, troy (cb), dunne ( in-between cb an st), noble (creative mid/st) , nardiello (st) ,

Easy

Red Nose

Artur
Golborne
Sercombe
Nardiello
O'Flynn

We'd win the 5-a-side league with that team :-D

IBA

Great OP, I like your way of thinking.

SDRighton

Enjoyed this.

Krysiak
Duffy
Dunne
Sercs
Nards

I mean that is the best one - there's no debating it. It covers every angle and would definitely win.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
When i used to swim a lot i did this too! :(

1... Andy Marriott
2.... Steve Tully

When i reached paul tisdale and richard logan territory, i used to start to feel good about myself. Until i realised i was using footballers in place of numbers to count. Then i felt awkward.
Pah, it's when you got to Ryan Taylor when he was with us that you could *really* start to feel good.