• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Waterloo Road- Childhood Cancer-Fund raising ideas

If anyone watched it , would probably have brought a tear to their eye. I am not the soppy type of person but this program today shook me up . For those that did not watch , it was an episode about a 15 year old girl who was diagnosed with a Brain Tumor who eventually knew she was going to die , in this episode she eventually did die and it was one of the most emotional things I have ever seen and really brought it home about how difficult cancer can be . Of course this was a fictional program but it still does bring home how emotional and upsetting the experience of cancer can be not just for the person suffering from it but also the family.

Of course we all have experienced this with Stanno and how upsetting this has been for all of us and the program had brought all of that back for me and I fully support Stannos Foundation. However sad what happened to Stanno was and it still brings me to sadness thinking about it I feel real sadness for the character in Waterloo Road. This was a child and after looking into this after the recent episode I found that 1,500 children are diagnosed with this each year and there is a 70% survival rate , this figure really upset me that people so young will be sick and some will not survive.

So why post this? some people may know me as an idiot who makes stupid posts and winds people up, however this is totally serious and I want to do something to raise money for Clic Sargent but I am not sure what yet. I was thinking of running the great west run ( of course I am not fit enough atm but I wanna train and give it a go) or maybe a charity football match. Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

downthetrack

South west coastal path, sponsored walk over a weekend,so much per mile perhaps. I would have a go at that

South west coastal path, sponsored walk over a weekend,so much per mile perhaps. I would have a go at that
sounds like an idea :)

Argyle_Boy

About to watch it now sounds like i'll have to have the tissues on stand by

The_Original

The #1 MC in Devon, and Exeweb's top boy.
Fair enough for trying to raise money and all that, but anyone who cries at a tv programme (and a sh*t one at that) needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Fair enough for trying to raise money and all that, but anyone who cries at a tv programme (and a sh*t one at that) needs to take a long hard look at themselves.
Well not really and I did not mention that I cried , I mentioned it would bring a tear to the eye of many and it was an emotional program but it did move me. Plus many people get emotional on something that maybe relevant to them, for me it brought back the whole Stanno issue thus did move me a lot.

The_Original

Well not really and I did not mention that I cried , I mentioned it would bring a tear to the eye of many and it was an emotional program but it did move me.
Just admit that you cried you big girl.

Argyle_Boy

Kicking off [H]

Just admit that you cried you big girl.
Nope :) I was close to but as I have said it has nothing to do with whether I cried it did touch me , now if you have nothing else to add go away :)

The_Original

Ok Barms, put your tissues away son.

I never have anything to add on this forum, surely you've realised that by now?