• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vote for the away end name

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
'l leave someone else to make the link between vegetables and PAFC fans!!
Careful Andy, otherwise the Pig will be "persuading" his tamed EW modsquad to expunge this thread as well. :(

But back to topic...surely, by definition, it is a STAND as it has no seats?

PeteUSA

Totally agree, at the end of the day it is just a couple of tin sheds. Our sheds, very nice sheds, and a great improvement to be sure but worthy to be named after Eamo or Kells, I'm not convinced.
I agree with Mr Ballz. Its a couple of quite nice structures which serve a purpose, but I dont think it needs a name other than the Away End, or St James Road End. I agree with Tony Kellow being considered, but only because he would think its funny having structures like that named after him.

Oldsmobile-88

Certainly not grand enough for Kellows name to be attached to it. I still think its a shambles that he doesn't have his name attached to one of the main stands or even the Big Bank where he would have been a hero had he been playing now. He is our all time leading scorer and one time record transfer fee received and paid. The StJames Road simply doesn't fit that stature.
His name should have been in the running for the Stagecoach Stand,the very least a consultation with supporters or a vote on the naming if it was going to be after a player.No disrespect to Adam Stansfields memory,but I believe the club has made a bit of a hash over all of this naming of stands.

Former managers being named ? Sticky ground there.Eamon Dolan is remembered with a large stand at Reading,he spent more time of his career there(I think) than at SJP.Grateful for what he achieved & a great man,but legend?

Most memorable managers in my time.Saxton,Cooper & Tisdale(all of who lead teams to promotion,a rare thing in Exeter City’s history,perhaps they should have a part of the ground named after them ?..Better I think just to leave it as the St James Rd end.

gbjpc

Simply the away end for me and I'm not keen on stand naming. What happens when sponsors don't like it or what happens when Stockley stays 10 years and scores 200 goals and there are no stands left to name.

Jazzi

The" MK anything" Stand? - hmm.

malcolms

It's unfortunate that the club created a rod for its own back by naming the new Grandstand without any real supporter consultation...It is bound to lead to disagreements. And as others have said, to name an away stand after Kellow is imo inappropriate in the extreme

Red Devon

Agree with Malcs

The Marsh Kia St James Road End is the only appropriate option here

Colesman Ballz

It really is a potential minefield. I think the irony of all ironies, concerns legendary goalkeeper Dick Pym, whose sale for the then world record transfer fee enabled the club to purchase SJP. He never received the accolade of having a stand named after him, although the Chairman under whose tenure the ground was subsequently sold off to Beazer Homes did ! It's a funny old world . . . . . !

Last edited:

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given the away fans in the “new” away end will spend much of the 90 minutes shouting “f@ck off” and making offensive hand gestures to us Exeter fans, then I can’t think of a better name than The Paul Tisdale Stand.

Last edited:

Matt Russell

Given the away fans in the “new” away end will spend much of the 90 minutes shouting “f@ck off” and making offensive hand gestures to us Exeter fans, then I can’t think of a better name than The Paul Tisdale Stand.
What a sad statement. Why would fans who travel to SJP to support their team do that?