• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Viljami Sinisalo (in on loan)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don’t do twitter. Is that a potential loan or are they looking to buy him from Villa.
IT wasn't specified, but I took it to mean a permanent move.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I take it Mr Sinisalo is still on track for the player of the year award? Well if nobody minds, I'd like to point out that the first goal he let in v Oxford was to put it mildly, diabolical. Stopping and letting their player shoot like that was as good as presenting the player with an open goal! His tecnique in dealing with that was awful, you wouldnt expect it from a professional keeper. His one on ones have been suspect all season, but todays effort really took the biscuit.
Are you forgetting that earlier in the first half he had pulled off a top class save to keep the score at 0-1

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are you forgetting that earlier in the first half he had pulled off a top class save to keep the score at 0-1
He made several important saves throughout the match and had a generally sound game. All of that is immaterial though if any keeper is at fault, keepers cant atone for errrors throughout the remainder of a match, a mistake is irreversable if its contributed to a goal. I get the feeling that many people are trying to cut the man some slack, since it was his last game for us, and he's a nice chap etc. Under normal finger pointing circumstances, I refuse to believe that Sinisalo stopping dead just outside the six yard box and letting their player pick his spot the way he did was acceptable. Under the circumstances that he created, he didnt stand a chance.

grecIAN Harris

He made several important saves throughout the match and had a generally sound game. All of that is immaterial though if any keeper is at fault, keepers cant atone for errrors throughout the remainder of a match, a mistake is irreversable if its contributed to a goal. I get the feeling that many people are trying to cut the man some slack, since it was his last game for us, and he's a nice chap etc. Under normal finger pointing circumstances, I refuse to believe that Sinisalo stopping dead just outside the six yard box and letting their player pick his spot the way he did was acceptable. Under the circumstances that he created, he didnt stand a chance.
If he didn't stop he would have been in the back of the net and he isn't stopping much in there.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The beeb also reporting rumours of a move to Celtic.

Get Joe Hart in as his replacement!

andrew p long

The beeb also reporting rumours of a move to Celtic.

Get Joe Hart in as his replacement!
As is usual in these things the Beeb are reporting that 'the Sun is reporting that...'

The Sun had some new details including the description '£3m rated Sinisalo'.

PeteUSA

The Sun had some new details including the description '£3m rated Sinisalo'.
Sinisalo is a rough diamond who has a long way to go to be worth 3m. Theres no doubting he's a sound keeper but he has much improvement to make. Goal area dominance and improvement with one on ones would be top of the list. He might have been good enough for us this past season, but I wouldnt sign him if we're serious on challenging in League 1. We should stop bringing in keepers on loan IMHO.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Joe Hart retiring? We should strike while the irons hot there.. I cant believe he's really retiring, and that he wouldnt welcome seeing out his twilight years with us. Seems like only yesterday he was playing for England (I know, that game v Iceland!)

Seriously, he'd be a good signing for a club like ours, a proper keeper.
When is David James signing for us?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
When is David James signing for us?
............ given his "green" tendency when hell freezes over !

............ given his "green" tendency when hell freezes over !
Lived for a time in Chudleigh I think.