• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Viljami Sinisalo (in on loan)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've heard he left as GC had told him he was going to be one of the Finnishers.

Grecianpasty

Is it possible that he is training with us to see if Exeter Is the right fit for both parties? Similar to how Kegs was first introduced last season.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is it possible that he is training with us to see if Exeter Is the right fit for both parties? Similar to how Kegs was first introduced last season.
Certainly possible. Interesting that GC's interview on the My Football Club podcast mentions loan players from the Premiership doing pre-season at their parent club

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Certainly possible. Interesting that GC's interview on the My Football Club podcast mentions loan players from the Premiership doing pre-season at their parent club
Wasn't that also the situation when the Bishop rumours were around last summer?

Ex-ciderrr

That’s exactly what I was thinking of, and it was kegs we were looking at in training in view to a loan! Seems a thing we tend to do & good for both parties too imo.

andrew p long

I've just watched an Aston Villa podcast where they mentioned a perceived need to use Sinisalo (or others like him) as one the squad/team members for the Conference League. Apparently of the squad of 25 for group stage games 4 have to be 'club trained'.

I reckon that the 'need' is more perceived than real. Without him they can still have 21 non club trained players plus some youngsters. Should be perfectly adequate.

StudentGrecian

I think it’s likely he’s been training with us to get know about us, then will report back to Villa for their pre-season at a higher standard before coming back down. The risk is something happens in the meantime which means Villa want to keep him. Then we’re left scrambling for GK like last year.

dontpassback

I think it’s likely he’s been training with us to get know about us, then will report back to Villa for their pre-season at a higher standard before coming back down. The risk is something happens in the meantime which means Villa want to keep him. Then we’re left scrambling for GK like last year.
If that is the case,I would give Harry lee some games,it’s no different from when the greens gave Cooper his starts and look how that went

andrew p long

The Villa website has just 3 keepers in the first team squad following Jed Steer's departure. Emi Martinez, Robin Olsen and this lad.

There's a couple listed as U21s, Marschall and Zych.

If Sinisalo joins us it looks like Villa need an improvement at 3rd choice keeper. Perhaps he might not go out on loan until someone comes in.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Villa website has just 3 keepers in the first team squad following Jed Steer's departure. Emi Martinez, Robin Olsen and this lad.

There's a couple listed as U21s, Marschall and Zych.

If Sinisalo joins us it looks like Villa need an improvement at 3rd choice keeper. Perhaps he might not go out on loan until someone comes in.
And Martinez is being linked with Man U if they don't get Andre Onana.