• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Upgrade to the fan zone

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Got to say, it ain't a thing of great beauty.

Reasonably sure the forecourt at Dukes in Sidmouth, which would be of a similar size, is covered by giant fabricated canopies in the winter months, which can be retracted inwards when the sun is shining.

Seems a shame we can't look to do something similar.
What about getting a stadium cat? This will be quite exciting, so long as it stays off the pitch during the game.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Doesn't look like a hugely complex build to my untrained eye?
I would guess it’ll take a couple of weeks to complete. The build itself will be relatively straightforward, what’ll take the time is digging the post holes, letting the concrete properly set and keying in the drainage and finishing off. Then it’ll need inspecting and signing off.

Antony Moxey

Can't see any plans on the City council Website.......just curious on Size, construction etc......Won't be ready for another season as will have to be constructed in the closed season, and won;t get planning in time.
It might not need planning.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Would it be practical to have a television screen out there showing the live football?

Andy_H

It might not need planning.
May come under 'Permitted Development' or 'non Determined', but there will also be a 28 days 'consultation' period once the planning notices have gone up.

Antony Moxey

May come under 'Permitted Development' or 'non Determined', but there will also be a 28 days 'consultation' period once the planning notices have gone up.
My knowledge of such things is very limited, but what I would say is any visual impact on anyone outside of the boundary would be at best minimal. It‘s bounded on three sides by buildings within the club’s boundary that are much taller, with nothing on the ’open’ side for about 100yds. As I say, my knowledge on planning law is very limited, but I can’t see why a consultation period would be needed - would it be visible to any residential properties at all?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
View attachment 15073

For discussion purposes
Wonder if designer has taken into account possible L2 next season where "One man and his cat" only turn up !

tea stand

Knock the Nevada Stand down, move that structure over a bit and hey presto it's almost the Cowshed reborn.
with the Tea Stand!

Oldsmobile-88

What about getting a stadium cat? This will be quite exciting, so long as it stays off the pitch during the game.
Annie, a tabby that lives on the corner of Stadium Way is the unofficial ground cat...A supply of Dreamies are kept in the BB Kiosk for her.

JW57++

A stadium cat on the pitch would have improved the excitement at some games.