• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Nik Saunders

No it's just the last part of the standing bits to be put in place.
Stelios you are correct, sorry Andy.

The Barnet stand never had an area for wheelchair users and as the club and DSA are working closely together, the question was asked if it was possible to add extra wheelchair spaces for away supporters as there were only 3 spaces for away fans, which are located in the IP Office stand. The club agreed and now there will be 7 to 8 away wheelchair user spaces in total, which is great news.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster

The Barnet stand never had an area for wheelchair users and as the club and DSA are working closely together, the question was asked if it was possible to add extra wheelchair spaces for away supporters as there were only 3 spaces for away fans, which are located in the IP Office stand. The club agreed and now there will be 7 to 8 away wheelchair user spaces in total, which is great news.
That's really good news Nik.
Wheelchair users catered for on all four sides of the ground soon.
Must be rare at our level.

Andy Holloway

Apologies Nik, mind you I did wonder why they had left those last few bits out when they had put the all rest in last week, now I know.

Oldsmobile-88

Indeed...Having been to many grounds with a good mate of mine who is in a wheelchair,it’s amazing the difference in wheelchair user places at grounds..Obviously the best are at the newer grounds(Rotherham,Shrewsbury & the like) but some of the older grounds are a disgrace..Portsmouth & Luton top that list.

It’s looking like a ground again..SJP has always been a bit quirky(gaps & all) & will remain so,thank goodness.

Nik Saunders

Rare indeed.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster

This is the same picture side by side with itself - yet the angles seem different somehow from one to the other .... (drunk)
You're twisting my melon, man.

sidney

You're twisting my melon, man.
Try swapping them around. That should make a difference...

PeteUSA

Judging by the pictures above there is no flat pathway section at the front of the stand; the terracing goes all the way to the fence. Judging from past experiences, fans will want to stand as close to that goal as possible. I would have thought this might cause congestion when fans wont want to give up their 'prime spot' and move along to let other people in. Just a thought.

Mr.Sparkle

Judging by the pictures above there is no flat pathway section at the front of the stand; the terracing goes all the way to the fence. Judging from past experiences, fans will want to stand as close to that goal as possible. I would have thought this might cause congestion when fans wont want to give up their 'prime spot' and move along to let other people in. Just a thought.
Er yes there is. I imagine once construction is finished it will be tarmaced and barrier with hoardings on will be placed at edge of turf.

David Treharne

Unofficial (or official) opening set for 16.30 on 25th October.