• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Under appreciated City Players

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
For me the most unfairly vilified City player of recent vintage would be David Noble (as others have already mentioned).

One of the bravest footballers I've seen in a City shirt. By that I mean he always played by his principles - looking for the ball, offering himself to the keeper, back four or at throw-ins, and then looked to pass (not hoof) the ball. He'd be the same whether we were winning and on top, or whether we were behind and the crowd was on his back.

He'd never hide and I liked his style...on the pitch.
Always enjoyed watching Noble. Like Gilly and Grimes, he never hid from the ball and took responsibility with good quality. Something we have lacked in that area of the pitch at times in the last few seasons. Law and Harley did the same but in the main higher up the pitch. Early days but Kyle Taylor looks like he can fill that gap in a deeper position.

ecfc2000

Graeme Power. Had the odd howler but generally solid.

Red Devon

Ben Seymour.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Scott Golbourne - skilful & tidy player , we were never quite the same when he left.

Grecianpasty

Bertie Cozic. Richard Duffy.

Alistair20000

Barry Corr ?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Barry Corr ?
:) Difficult to appreciate someone who was often suspended

Alistair20000

:) Difficult to appreciate someone who was often suspended
Great right hook he had

Colesman Ballz

For me the most unfairly vilified City player of recent vintage would be David Noble (as others have already mentioned).

One of the bravest footballers I've seen in a City shirt. By that I mean he always played by his principles - looking for the ball, offering himself to the keeper, back four or at throw-ins, and then looked to pass (not hoof) the ball. He'd be the same whether we were winning and on top, or whether we were behind and the crowd was on his back.

He'd never hide and I liked his style...on the pitch.
Certainly could be a big $hit off it though ! 😎 :poop:

grecIAN Harris

Graeme Power. Had the odd howler but generally solid.
I don't think any of us appreciated how bad he really could be. :rolleyes: