• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Under 21s Euros

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
How Trafford wasn't given PoT I don't know. Strange that Man City have let him go

Bridgy 81

How Trafford wasn't given PoT I don't know. Strange that Man City have let him go
Maybe F.F.P. comes into it as I think they're due to get between £15-19M from Burnley for him.
Plus, it's reported that they have both a 20% sell on and a buy back option in the contract.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe F.F.P. comes into it as I think they're due to get between £15-19M from Burnley for him.
Plus, it's reported that they have both a 20% sell on and a buy back option in the contract.
It makes sense for City and Trafford. They aren't going to drop Ederson any time soon and loaning Trafford out year after year (he has already had three loans) isn't good for him long term. Selling him now will be good for their FFP as you say and with the buy back clause they are covering themselves. Smart move.