• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK and European Politics 2024 Thread

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you not realise he is standing for President of the United Kingdom? His visit can't be do to with increasing the Tory vote in Norn Iron because there isn't one..
...but then again it's perfectly possible that he isn't aware of this yet :ROFLMAO:

arthur

Is Sunak planning on saying "Our plan is working" every day for the next six weeks? He might want to have a word with Theresa "strong and stable" May.....

Grecian2K

Is Sunak planning on saying "Our plan is working" every day for the next six weeks? He might want to have a word with Theresa "strong and stable" May.....
Ah!
The old trusted "Blackadder" manifesto.
"A plan as cunning as a fox what used to study PPE at Lincoln College, Oxford and then moved on to an expensively purchased MBA at Stanford, California before moving on to pretend to work as the head of the UK Government"
What could POSSIBLY go wrong, eh, Baldrick?

Spoonz Red E

This is the thing.

I'm sure at some time some influential policy communications wonk came up with the theory that an oft repeated slogan does the trick.
There has been plenty enough real world evidence over the last few years that a slogan which has lost resonance is not worth repeating and makes the sloganeer sound ridiculous.

I'm waiting for the perfect moment soon when someone from Labour outlines a plan to be immediately followed by a Tory saying 'Labour doesn't have a plan'.
It's getting closer and closer.

Mr Jinx

I'm waiting for the perfect moment soon when someone from Labour outlines a plan to be immediately followed by a Tory saying 'Labour doesn't have a plan'.
...and when they do come out with "their plan", it'll get knocked as facile drivel akin to edstone mk II

Welcome to silly season politics stylee.

Let's not just knock Labour though.

Sunak proclaims our borders won't be safe under a Labour government. Does he think we've already forgotten that he let more than a million immigrants into the country last year? I mean ffs, he thinks we're all idiots.

Last edited:

DB9

Micheal Gove to stand down at the GE.

Stelios

'
The PM was in Northern Ireland today on the election trail, at the Titanic Quarter, Belfast !
I would not be surprised to see a photo opportunity outside a Funeral Directors tomorrow 😁

Who is organising his shambles of a start to a election campaign ?
I’ve seen a few people mention he (or his team) might be trying to lose on purpose. They said the same about May.

I think there’s an unfortunate mixture of being genuinely deluded/out of touch and a terrible comms team who put him in situations he should be nowhere near. At this rate they’ll be getting him and his wife to walk along a seashore before the campaign is over!

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Micheal Gove to stand down at the GE.
Chicken!

Spoonz Red E

...and when they do come out with "their plan", it'll get knocked as facile drivel akin to edstone mk II

Welcome to silly season politics stylee.

Let's not just knock Labour though.

Sunak proclaims our borders won't be safe under a Labour government. Does he think we've already forgotten that he let more than a million immigrants into the country last year? I mean ffs, he thinks we're all idiots.
I've got no problem at all with plans getting 'knocked'.
I just find it funny that Labour have had their plan published since May 10th and various Stepford Tories still keep saying 'Labour doesn't have a plan' by rote.

DB9

I think this term "We have a plan" dates back to Johnson's government, Like the plan for Social Care and other things, They were all saying that.