• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK and European Politics 2024 Thread

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
What about the next election after this one? The rw vote being split will surely just ensure future labour govts and infinitum?
Then so be it. Why worry about Labour when the Tories are letting in 1 million plus aliens a year through the front door? Rwanda is just a sideshow.

arthur

If Rwanda flights won't happen, then the Tories are definitely toast. There was some thinking that they will start happening the week of the election, therefore giving him a much needed fillip.
Sunak has just said they won't before the election. It seems Tavy's "weaponising Rwanda flights" fox has been shot, by the PM of all people. #totalshambles

tavyred

Sunak has just said they won't before the election. It seems Tavy's "weaponising Rwanda flights" fox has been shot, by the PM of all people. #totalshambles
Just heard that myself. Got to agree with you Art, what a clown show. 🤡

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Disappointed to see that Farage isn't standing in the election. He's failed in every attempt to get into the HoC, it would have been good to see the TV Presenter fail yet again in the court of public opinion.

Stelios

Little snippet on the radio just now, Reporter asking people for their views on the election, One woman says "Won't bother, Never voted, Never will, Doesn't affect me!" 🙄
Who was it who said “I’ve met the man in the street and they’re an idiot” ? Alexi Sayle? :LOL:

Poor Rishi. Can’t catch a break can he? Maybe he needs of these next time

IMG_0616.jpeg

Radio Free Skaro

You gave an extensive list on which the public will quite rightly judge the Tories on. On inflation he’ll possibly get judged on it being around 11% when he took over and it now being back to normal levels at circa 2%. There is an argument however that says just as the Tories can’t be blamed for recent the high inflation they conversely cannot be congratulated for it coming down.
Mortgages innit.

Banksy

I don't think it will particularly. Sunak isn't versed in the dark arts like Bozza.

You've got nice bloke vs dull bloke.

But nice bloke has to somehow defend eye watering levels of tax & immigration. He can't.
But will dull bloke do any better I wonder? He won’t……

Mr Jinx

Disappointed to see that Farage isn't standing in the election. He's failed in every attempt to get into the HoC, it would have been good to see the TV Presenter fail yet again in the court of public opinion.
He hasn't needed to. Even Caroline Lucas has inferred it's just a distraction.

It's a bit odd that he said yday that he'd think about it overnight. He's had bloody ages to think about it. Perhaps his heart's just not in it any more. We'll soon find out.

Mr Jinx

But will dull bloke do any better I wonder? He won’t……
He might. But he's not going to do a Blair and get a 190+ seat majority.

DB9

Where are you Nige? (EDIT: Reform presser at 11am tomorrow......it needs to be seismic!!)
Hiding in the studios of GBNews!! 🤣🤣🤣, Seismic? One thing Sunak has done has caught Reform on the hop.

Last edited: