• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Turnover and future transfers.

The amateur acountant in me has worked out (wrongly, probably) that turnover should be £2.5-3mil next season based on 5,750 average attendance plus sponsorship,etc. Does anyone know what the turnover was for April 08' - April 09? Just trying to second guess how much extra might be in the kitty for Tisdale and if he will, at last, be able to spend money on transfer fees.

I'm convinced we need 4 decent L1 standard players to come into the club to survive at mid-table level or above and that isn't gonna come free. Hence, the curiousity about dosh.

The Emperor

What's this pie in the sky with attendances?

The reality is that we'll probably lose more games next season than in any of the last 6 seasons.

I wouldn't hold out much hope on attendances being up again, if anything they'll fall. Last time we made this step up we were playing against Birmingham, West Brom and Stoke. Attendances still fell in comparison to the Championship season.

Logic dictates and all that.

er, Bristol Rovers, Yeovil, Southampton, Leeds, Norwich, Charlton plus the 2 home holiday fixtures will all be very well attended whether the club is doing well or not. Up to 2,000 season tickets sold by August plus the novelty factor of being in League 1 will, inevitably, mean a good percntage increase in the average attendance. That is logic.

The Emperor

Then why has it not applied before?

Then why has it not applied before?
Had the club sold 2,000 season tickets before?

The Emperor

And if I were local I'd have one too. It'll mean a lot less pay on the gate if the results go tits up.

To assume attendances will rise is the basis of financial ruin. History does not support your argument. Our average attendance, whilst extremely good, was inflated by end of season promotion battles. The only way for gates to rise is for there to be a League 1 promotion campaign.

Whilst I'd love that to be the case, to budget for it???????? Jesus wept.

TimG

Overall there have been an increase in attendences to leaug football over the last few years and with our club doing very well as being seena s a family club therefore not alianating the familt types. I think that we will have an average of about 5500 next season and i carnt see how this is unrealistic, if anything i think that it is conservative but saying that i dont think we should budget on anymore than that because as has been said before it is not wise to budget anymore because of what it can lead to, Anymore extra money can be treated as a bonus.

The away fan turn-out will be up 100% maybe more & season ticket sales already up 20% by May. Can't believe anyone would think attendances will stagnate next season in any circumstance. A glass is half-empty out there somewhere.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
i imagine that we are budgeting on 4200-4500 ... anything else would be dangerous...

that being said, am sure we will end up with more than the 300 away fans from 08/09

The Emperor

Not at all.

A blind belief that we will have a higher average in twelve months time is asking for trouble. However, I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

If you are, the money will be available either as it is accrued or next year. To pay out on the hope they will increase is folly. We've been down that road before.

Football is littered with examples of clubs that got above themselves, budgeted for things that never materialised and suffered an inevitable nose-dive.

So again, no. My glass isn't half empty, but I think yours is overflowing a little.