• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM Reminder and Information

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
No apologies for putting this on WoWS to gain maximum exposure!!

(Copied from GNET)

Supporters' Trust AGM Reminder

The Exeter City Supporters' Trust would like to remind its members of the Trust's Annual General Meeting (AGM) which will be held on Saturday 16th October at 11:30 at the Exeter Phoenix Centre in Gandy Street.

This year's meeting will open with a display from the Justin Campaign, a campaign established in memory of the late Justin Fashanu to help stamp out homophobia in football. The display will be managed by Justin campaign representative Alan Quick, who will be attending Exeter City's match against Carlisle as a representative of the Exeter City One Game One Community group - established to promote diversity and equality throughout
football.

The Trust would like to welcome all members as well as fans and the press to the Trust AGM, which will include a briefing on the Trust's accounts, as well as the results from the recent Supporters' Trust Board of Society Election.

Additional to the regular business of the Trust, the Board of Society will also be introducing the Trust's new Strategic plan to the membership and will be inviting further comment from our membership, before a formal roll out that will be unveiled at a special fans forum at the end of the month.

Further details about this year's AGM including details of all the papers for this Saturday, as well as the Trust's new strategic plan, are available from the Supporters' Trust website

Last edited:

LOG

I've more than likely missed it, but what's the reason for the special clause listed under 1g on the agenda?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've more than likely missed it, but what's the reason for the special clause listed under 1g on the agenda?
Looks hugely suspicious. Keep a majority of the old guard and with voting rights on the Board.

We_r_city

This year's meeting will open with a display from the Justin Campaign, a campaign established in memory of the late Justin Fashanu to help stamp out homophobia in football. The display will be managed by Justin campaign representative Alan Quick, who will be attending Exeter City's match against Carlisle as a representative of the Exeter City One Game One Community group - established to promote diversity and equality throughout
football.
That is wonderful from the Trust. See my avatar for the date of Justin Day.

Pity I can't attend, but have other matters needing my attention elsewhere. I do encourage Trust people to proide support to Alan.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Well, the current rules, as available on the Trust website, say;

No person can be a member of the Society Board who:
a) Has been a member of the Society Board for 6 consecutive years;

I note there is no explanation for the proposal of this "temporary" revision of the rules. Hopefully, such explanation will be provided at the AGM and, if not, will certainly be requested. At the moment it is a mystery to me why the change is considered necessary.

However, maybe a Bosser who reads this may wish to shed some light in advance?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks hugely suspicious. Keep a majority of the old guard and with voting rights on the Board.
The explanation is, I think, fairly innocent.

Back along, the BoS resigned en masse in an attempt to trigger an election. As a result, next year almost half of the current BoS will simultaneously come to and end of their permitted term of office.

Clearly, this is an exceptional occurrence, as a consequence of which we face losing half the BoS with no guarantee a similar number of people will put themselves forward for election.

This is simply an attempt to mitigate against such a situation and to provide another route for filling any vacancies on the BoS.

Last edited:

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Egg has covered the numbers reason

Can see why the BOS may want it but find myself feeling that the term limits were there for a reason ... plus if any of these people want to help out on existing issues (such as Dr Dave and the share registry) not sure why he would need BOS membership to continue to contribute ...

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
No definite knowledge but I think 5/6 of the current Bos would all have served 6 years by 2011 ...

Am guessing this prevents all of their experience walking out the door at the same time ...

Can see why the BOS may want it but find myself feeling that the term limits were there for a reason ... plus if any of these people want to help out on existing issues (such as Dr Dave and the share registry) not sure why he would need BOS membership to continue to contribute ...
Don't disagree with much of what you say.

However, the idea, as I understand it, is that it equips the BoS with an option to explore should the need arise. It may well be that it's an option which isn't utilised; if, however, the rules aren't amended at the AGM then, in a worse-case scenario, this time next year you could have a six- or seven-person BoS.

You'll note that only two people can have their tenure extended and then only for 12 months.

Pete Martin (CTID)

....if, however, the rules aren't amended at the AGM then, in a worse-case scenario, this time next year you could have a six- or seven-person BoS.
Crikey....now there's a step forward!! :D ;)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Crikey....now there's a step forward!! :D ;)
Revisiting the make-up and operation of the BoS is critical to the Trust's strategic plan [which will, I understand, be published for consultation at some stage today].

Rest assured, quite a few of the current BoS agree with you but, at the same time, until such time as the BoS constitution is changed - and, realistically, that ain't gonna happen overnight - it states, I think, that there should be 16 members.