• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM 2020 - Saturday, November 21 at 11.00am

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are candidates permitted to open a thread on here and answer questions prior to the hustings ?

iscalad

Are candidates permitted to open a thread on here and answer questions prior to the hustings ?
Why not

Alistair20000

The Trust might rear up and is not that keen on Exeweb

DB9

Think Al is only asking the question.

i8cornwall

Will be interesting to see if there is any clear red water between the candidates in terms of manifestos and priorities

It is a shame that those who do and did inhabit these boards calling for significant change in approach do not seem to be standing and putting forward their alternative.
I don’t think anyone who has an alternative view would stand a chance of being elected so probably be a waste of there’s and everyone else time, plus the who is seen and recognised aspects of running for election. I include myself in both of those bracket

better off working with the trust and trustee’s on issue’s that your interest in and want to see change.

You won’t get the plaudits as such and might not get all of what you want but it’s better then nothing.

plus Danny hasnt got a clue what he wants to change, why or how to do it so really would be a spectacle seeing him run for election.

Reactions: DB9

Spoonz Red E

I don’t think anyone who has an alternative view would stand a chance of being elected so probably be a waste of there’s and everyone else time, plus the who is seen and recognised aspects of running for election. I include myself in both of those bracket

better off working with the trust and trustee’s on issue’s that your interest in and want to see change.

You won’t get the plaudits as such and might not get all of what you want but it’s better then nothing.

plus Danny hasnt got a clue what he wants to change, why or how to do it so really would be a spectacle seeing him run for election.
A good point made that you don't have to be elected to push for change.

A few years back when I was on the Trust board I used to take a lot of cues from other supporters' grievances or positive suggestions and feed them through.
Part of that was picking up on threads here.

I still make a point of raising issues with Trust board members based on posts here and face to face conversations I have in the Club shop / reception.
Apologies to those Trustees whose ears I've bent over the years :)

Last edited:

DB9

This is a really stupid question but is there a Trustee from the Trust on the club board that attend all aspects of any board meetings and not one that stays for only part of a meeting and has to leave when they're discussing more "Sensitive" things?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is a really stupid question but is there a Trustee from the Trust on the club board that attend all aspects of any board meetings and not one that stays for only part of a meeting and has to leave when they're discussing more "Sensitive" things?
All for of the Trust Board members who are on the Club Board are full Directors of the Limiited Company with equal voting rights to the four appointed by the Club and take part in the whole of its meetings.

The new Chair (Richard Pym) is non-voting and Taggy is also no longer a voting Director.

The Directors of a Company generally only have to declare an interest when it is material and do not necessarily have to leave the meeting, though you would normally expect this if they had a significant personal interest, especially a financial one.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I hope they do. It was interesting last year, and given we can't meet them I would suggest that they do take the opportunity.

iscalad

I hope they do. It was interesting last year, and given we can't meet them I would suggest that they do take the opportunity.
Some were dragged screaming and kicking to these boards