• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfers in/outs 2019/20 and Retained list

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a match today against Torquay behind closed doors where I think MT is having another look at triallists
City won 5-0. I didn't hear that any triallists were involved. There might have been though.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not unusual for a couple loan signings to come in two or three days before the start of the season...so maybe!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think that might be it for a couple of weeks.

andrew p long

Not unusual for a couple loan signings to come in two or three days before the start of the season...so maybe!
More likely after the closure of the window for Premier/Championship clubs. At that stage fringe players at those clubs will have a better idea about their chances of game time before the next window.

Red Bill

100% Martin isn't going anywhere. He has had a good pre season and I think he will become a regular starter at the back this campaign.
I do hope so. Don't know what the problem was with him last season but it was sad to see a quality CB like him not getting a look in. Only seen Parkes against Bath, but I really liked the look of him. I think Martin and Parkes could become the best CB pairing we'very had for some considerable time.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know there are still questions to be answered about whether the back-up players are good enough, how to get the best out of our attacking players and whether the emphasis on signing big, strong centre-halves may make our defence too slow. However, overall I really like the look and balance of this squad and the fact we seem to be less reliant on loan signings this year. I think the first team is competitive and am really looking forward to seeing Sparkes, Seymour and Richardson break into the first-team and how they challenge the more experienced players.

andrew p long

Jonathan Forte now officially retired from playing, announcement on official site.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Time to release this thread in to the wild!

andrew p long

That third keeper never arrived (thank goodness - two keepers is enough and if injury strikes we can get an emergency loan)

ryancooper327

Cundy recalled!