• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trains

Nik Nak

Thinking of taking the other half to Blackpool travel up on a Friday & return on Sunday as she has always wanted to see the lights, I would prefer to take the train but the prices I have seen range from £150 to £350 does anyone know if I can find cheaper tickets? We will be traveling from Exeter.

Thanks in advance

NN

Mid Devon Clown

Trains are for losers.

Next question.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
For £350 you can go to a 4 star all inclusive for a week on the Canaries. And you're going to Blackpool for two days. And that doesn't include board or lodging.

err...are you sane?

rp42

Probably best taking Majestic coaches?

angelic upstart

You need www.raileasy.co.uk

That said you need to be doing this roughly twelve weeks in advance of your travel date.

Mid Devon Clown

^ That's precisely what irks me. Why can't everyone be able to buy a simple ticket at a fair price?

Re-nationalise the railways and make it 30p a mile for every service in the land (return leg half price if bought at the time). Simples.

Your return trip to Blackpool would be £125 ish under my new regime. Vote Clown Party.

Mid Devon Clown

I bet they don't **** about with Apex fares and suchlike in China.

Blackpool really is a ****hole full of dirty second class people. Raise your standards.

Grecian2K

Thinking of taking the other half to Blackpool travel up on a Friday & return on Sunday as she has always wanted to see the lights,
NN
Take her along to the nearby fracking site for a romantic night out and she might even get to feel the earth move as well?

Win win situation!

wemissmoxey

Thinking of taking the other half to Blackpool travel up on a Friday & return on Sunday as she has always wanted to see the lights, I would prefer to take the train but the prices I have seen range from £150 to £350 does anyone know if I can find cheaper tickets? We will be traveling from Exeter.

Thanks in advance

NN
You live in Devon, so why the f()(k would you want to go to Blackpool ??

Last edited: