• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay v Exeter Pre-season Friendly

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi Torquay fan in peace here. Just wanted to say a big thank you to your board for the very kind gesture that your club have made, with regards to gate receipts. Its very much appreciated.:)
We know you'd do the same for us - because you did! So we're only returning the compliment.

(Terrible days. With City in the Conference and Torquay in League One, a son took particular delight in pointing out the gap in divisions between Torquay and City was two, the same as between Man U and Torquay! Ouch!)

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking forward to my trip down to the English riviera for Friday night's game. Hopefully we will see the starting line up that will play against Yeovil town a week on Saturday. I feel that Bobby Olejnik is a stonewall certainty to start as he is the strongest of the three keepers!

Avening Posse

Wish I was going, heart says yes, boss says no

secret poster

We know you'd do the same for us - because you did! So we're only returning the compliment.

(Terrible days. With City in the Conference and Torquay in League One, a son took particular delight in pointing out the gap in divisions between Torquay and City was two, the same as between Man U and Torquay! Ouch!)
Yes, we did. Despite our differences, its the lower league clubs who keep football alive. Its always very sad when a club folds, for the sake of a days wages, for a lot of PL players. So, once again, many thanks to ECFC for their very kind gesture. Look forward to "welcoming" you all to Plainmoor. :D

secret poster

Looking forward to my trip down to the English riviera for Friday night's game. Hopefully we will see the starting line up that will play against Yeovil town a week on Saturday. I feel that Bobby Olejnik is a stonewall certainty to start as he is the strongest of the three keepers!
He was the best keeper that we had, at Plainmoor. Wish we still had him.

Saint James

He was the best keeper that we had, at Plainmoor. Wish we still had him.
SP, Surely you mean Ricey?

secret poster

SP, Surely you mean Ricey?
No I don't. Ricey was ok, but prone to silly errors. He was a great shot stopper, but had no real command of his area. Caused the defenders endless problems! Nice guy though.
Bobby O was superb for us. Was always in charge of the 18 yard box, made a decision and stuck with it, good safe hands. I believe that if we had kept him, for at least 1 more season, we would not be in the position we are in now, as I don't think we would have been relegated.

Not sure how good he is now. Strange that clubs just keep letting him go. Hope for his sake, and yours ;) that he is as good as he was for us. If he plays, on Friday, he will get a good reception from the TUFC fans, I'm sure.

Last edited:

TOP_CITY_FAN

Reckon there will be more Exeter than Torquay, like there was more Argyle last night?

Silver fox

Reckon there will be more Exeter than Torquay, like there was more Argyle last night?
Hope so looking forward to it, Arggigle had 810 down there last night.