• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay United vs Exeter City Match Day Thread ...

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
And what replay would that be Jayney? I watched the FL show last night aswell as SSN. There were no replays. The only chance you might have had is on the iPlayer but you wouldn't waste your time with that because the decision backs your argument. As I said, you really are an idiot.

scottus86

And what replay would that be Jayney? I watched the FL show last night aswell as SSN. There were no replays. The only chance you might have had is on the iPlayer but you wouldn't waste your time with that because the decision backs your argument. As I said, you really are an idiot.
I know you two don´t get on, but you really do make it easy for Jay. He previously said that he could watch replays and pause the TV and then you said he wouldn´t do exactly what he said he did.

I haven´t seen the incident yet, I have to wait until it´s been put on youtube.

Grecian_Jay

SSN had replays you clown, the technology of Sky+ is much better than your old man's eyesight. As usual you are so wrong it is unreal.

Chuckles

SSN had replays you clown, the technology of Sky+ is much better than your old man's eyesight. As usual you are so wrong it is unreal.
1 nil to Jay. It really was an open goal though as Ian tripped over the remote control.

Rewind, pause, play....the game has changed since Ian's day. Looks like Exeweb's youth policy is paying dividends.

Record

Last edited:

STURTZ

It's all about opinions and there were mixed opinions on the terrace, I was standing with Joey who thought it was a definite pen, others didn't.

One things for certain, the views expressed in that cauldron were always going to be more valid than those expressed by somebody at home, farting Mexican waves up and down the settee, with his **** tuned into Rupert Murdoch's wrinkled arse.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Greasy I know you're not the brightest but I'll dumb it down for you and Sturtz whilst we're at it - TV with the benefit of repalys, pausing action etc is far mroe conclusive than a rose-tinters eyesight that doesn't want to believe anything a City player could ever do is wrong.
A touch rich coming from someone who slags EVERYTHING about Exeter city off.

grecIAN Harris

No they didn't, I watched it. And I've just tried watching it on the iPlayer with the pause button and, as the camera was the wrong side of the incident, it's inconclusive as they arrive at the ball virtually together. The only thing that can be made of it is that if Sercs had fouled him, the ball would have either continued on the path the Torquay player was running (ie Sercs got nothing of the ball wahtsoever) or gone more towards the goal (Sercs played the ball after he got the man). It did neither which might suggest Sercs did in fact actually play the ball.

malcolms

No they didn't, I watched it. And I've just tried watching it on the iPlayer with the pause button and, as the camera was the wrong side of the incident, it's inconclusive as they arrive at the ball virtually together. The only thing that can be made of it is that if Sercs had fouled him, the ball would have either continued on the path the Torquay player was running (ie Sercs got nothing of the ball wahtsoever) or gone more towards the goal (Sercs played the ball after he got the man). It did neither which might suggest Sercs did in fact actually play the ball.
Who gives a ****?..If it had affected the result then fine, but it didn't so ffs move on....

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
OK. I've now watched it umpteen times in super slow-mo replay forwards and back and you CANNOT tell from the TV whether Sercs got a toe to the ball a millisecond before the Torquay player or they both played it at exactly the same instant. It's that close. Absolutely impossible to tell in normal time.

So while I thought at the time it was a clear penalty, and only Sercs. protested, I now have more sympathy for GrecIAN's take. It was one of the most tight penalty decisions we'll ever get given against us. If it was the other way there would be no argument on these pages, of course.

That said, how any referee could decide in the defender's favour in those circumstances is beyond me. I'm certain it looked a clear pen from his PoV. I would have awarded the penalty 100 times out of 100 if I was ref, and that's exactly what he did.

grecIAN Harris

Who gives a ****?..If it had affected the result then fine, but it didn't so ffs move on....
More comic genius from another of the moaners. Malcs telling me to move on. How long have you been stuck on the same records about things you haven't got a hope in hell of changing?