• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay United vs Exeter City Match Day Thread ...

Leyster

Good solid performance. Artur pulled off a good save from a penalty that never, ever was in a million years..
How anyone can say it wasnt a penalty is beyond me. Good performance, could have easily been different if the penalty had gone in.

Butterfield is no better then tully and i am sure will be on a bigger wage. As for sercombe today was one of his better performances but he still just isnt good enough, grimes already looks by far the better midfielder.

Lets hope Wycombe dont timewaste all game as usual and we get a decent one on wednesday. Up the City!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
He came down the side of the player and won the ball, clean as a whistle. I'm usually quite happy to moan about a penalty but accept that it almost certainly was a foul but this decision got me properly riled up.

rp42

No it wasn't. He won the ball.
Defo a Penalty.

grecIAN Harris

It will be interesting to see tonight on the FL show as it will to see how far out Nicholls buried his in from.

motorservices

Defo a Penalty.
Have to say i thought it was a pen and i was stood behind the goal, who cares if it was or wasnt, Artur saved it, couldnt ask for more

contrabombarde

Just arrived back in Turkey. Straight on line to see result . Well done City. Something to build on now.

Silver fox

Just arrived back in Turkey. Straight on line to see result . Well done City. Something to build on now.
Definitely, played with the passion we now need too show at home, roll on Wednesday.

Red Devon

Didn't think Torquay were terrible just defended very poorly!!...Thought all the team worked very hard today they needed too especially 1st half when Torquay were on top...Grimes, JMT, Wheeler and Nichols were all class.... wish I could say the same about Parkin although he did work hard!!....Just hope we can beat Wycombe at home!!! now.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very pleased with the result,its exactly the confidence builder the team needed,but its only one game.Fail to win in the next 10 games and it won't mean a thing.This is where our push for promotion has to start.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
He came down the side of the player and won the ball, clean as a whistle. I'm usually quite happy to moan about a penalty but accept that it almost certainly was a foul but this decision got me properly riled up.
behave Harris , that was a stone wall pen all day long.