• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay 1 v Burnley 3?? Surely a mistake?

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now this is an upset of epic proportions! Really dont know where Torquay are gonna go from here as this is a game they should have won very comfortably, especially after beating 2 very much larger and better supported clubs in the week. Im thinking it must have been 3 very debatable penalties because to be honest apart from Barcelona (at the Nou camp only) I couldnt see any team being able to beat Torquay this season such is the skill, tenacity and down right attitude running through the team, also with the atmosphere that the Torquay 1400 can make at home which as we know would have been pretty damn intimidating for Burnley who are only a championship team.Result of the season? you bet ya!

heathy1

Nice to see Ricey getting on the score sheet too

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice to see Ricey getting on the score sheet too
Hit the post then hit him on the back of the head and into the net apparently!

angelic upstart

I went to the game and Burnley look classy, Ross Wallace was a different class first half for Burnley.

My thoughts on Torquay. Brian Saah is not very good, Rene Howe (barring his excellent goal) was tubby and lazy. Billy Kee looked good before his injury. Mansell is clueless. The rest of 'em were alright.

I also stood watching Rangers Vs Hearts in Boots and laces before the game and saw So'ton Gull having a beer sat down in front of me. I should have said hello.

Grecian2K

Echoes of Lincoln there, Steve? [y]

Red Lion

Somebody pppppllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeee find the link on you Tube!

On_The_Beach

It was good to get a proper test against Burnley, the Exeter game was pointless. We may as well have played against eleven sacks of potatoes.

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was good to get a proper test against Burnley, the Exeter game was pointless. We may as well have played against eleven sacks of potatoes.
......I reckon the (jaxxie) greasers have had ther chips !

crocks

I four one like King Edwards.....