• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tony Kellow's Family

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I read on the club website that 22 of The Legends family are coming up to watch the Newport game, http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/exeter-city-set-to-welcome-tony-kellows-family-to-st-james-park-on-saturday-3656474.aspx I've no doubt the older members of his family will know how great the esteem Kells was held at The Park but doubt very much that the younger ones will understand even if they've been told. Maybe about the ninth minute (his shirt number obviously) that they are shown (for the younger ones) and reminded (for the elders) with a blast of 'Tony Kellow!! Tony Kellow!! 'ello, ello!!!!!!'

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Good idea, maybe those standing around the heart might get behind this?

budegrecian

Definitely agree with this idea. Not sure if many of the guys around the heart remember the old 'ello ello ' chant but it's not exactly difficult to pick up.
Looking forward to it.

Colesman Ballz

A stonkingly good idea !

Exehausted

I read on the club website that 22 of The Legends family are coming up to watch the Newport game, http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/exeter-city-set-to-welcome-tony-kellows-family-to-st-james-park-on-saturday-3656474.aspx I've no doubt the older members of his family will know how great the esteem Kells was held at The Park but doubt very much that the younger ones will understand even if they've been told. Maybe about the ninth minute (his shirt number obviously) that they are shown (for the younger ones) and reminded (for the elders) with a blast of 'Tony Kellow!! Tony Kellow!! 'ello, ello!!!!!!'
A great idea, looking forward to it.

Worth the admission alone just to hear that again after all these years

dontpassback

A great footballer for city snapped up by johnny Newman for pennies,scored some great goals and gave us many happy memories.a good gesture by the club for someone who gave us so much,I hope his family will be very proud��

Exehausted

I was at the club today and tomorrow's programme was already on sale. Tony is on the cover and there's an interview with one of his brothers in it. Worth buying if you don't usually. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out. I wonder how many of the exiles remember his 20 games and 8 goals for them? Hopefully they will join in on 9 minutes if that happens.

STURTZ

Didn't he play for Newport as well? Perhaps the Taffs will join in the celebration.

Exehausted

Didn't he play for Newport as well? Perhaps the Taffs will join in the celebration.
Yes he did, 20 games and 8 goals!