• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tom Nichols

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Noble & Holmes played better IMO

A Slacker

Can't work out what all the fuss was about, worked hard, grabbed a goal but wasn't outstanding and certainly not mom in my book. Never did much with the ball, no aerial threat, couldn't set anyone up and couldn't hold onto it for long. Not going to argue with "the pundits" but what was so great about his performance?
Totally agree Sturtz.

I wouldn't be sorry to see him leave. He goes missing in so many games. How many league away goals this season has he scored.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Take his goals away though and who else upfront or who play in a forward position have 5 or more ? Wheeler possibly ?

Banksy

Noble & Holmes played better IMO
Yes , they did , no disputing that , but great for the youngster's confidence being showpieced like that. So pleased for him.

No I agree. I don't think we have a goal threat / decent striker at the club. I'm hoping Tis agrees and goes shopping.

Well-known Exeweb poster
^^ think we really need to be a bit patient and give Jamie Reid time its early doors for the lad in league football.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Hopefully Reid has time on his hands. To be fair a few years ago it didn't look like Tom wasnt going to make it and I don't think at that stage it would have been a surprise if he had been let go.

For all the criticism of tom's all round game you can't underestimate someone who is starting to get double figures each season. Had he played all season how many extra might he have now? I still want us to bring in a powerful target man in addition. Nichols Reid and Watkins are never going to fulfill that role so we need to be able to mix it up sometimes.

Last edited:

manc grecian

It's not his fault if the manager doesn't sign the players to get the best out of him. He's the best finisher at the club and will regularly get 15-20 goals a season. You can't get near the playoffs without a goalscorer.

There are parts of his game he needs to work on but nobody should be expecting him to win battles against giant centre halves.

Banksy

No I agree. I don't think we have a goal threat / decent striker at the club. I'm hoping Tis agrees and goes shopping.
Haven't you heard , we have , we've got Hoskins.