• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tom Carroll

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
You are only as good as your whole squad,so even though Carroll won't play all 46 matches and the one where its a midfield battle,he will be very useful against the better quality teams that need more skill to open them up.

Average Joe

As has been pointed out, we only get this kind of quality with caveats, as we did with KMac. If we can get Tom up and running in L1, we have a player of a quality that should be playing higher. Even if it is for one season, we ought to make the most of it.

I like this signings

If it works he leaves after playing well, if it doesn't then we all move on..

Tisdale was the master at 1 year signings, sometimes it was extremely frustrating however they do work.

If it all goes well and he moves on, then everyone is a winner, it's not cost us anything other then wages

Bridgy 81

I like this signings
If it works he leaves after playing well, if it doesn't then we all move on..
Agreed,
Plus I hope you’ve now got the details of your local Foodbank for when Reece Cole smacks one, or more, in from outside the box 🙂

Average Joe

Agreed,
Plus I hope you’ve now got the details of your local Foodbank for when Reece Cole smacks one, or more, in from outside the box 🙂
I haven't but I will have

gazzza

Good luck with Tom. Most laid bad midfielder in world . Never any hwyl in him.

Trapdoor

Good luck with Tom. Most laid bad midfielder in world . Never any hwyl in him.
Is that a good or a bad thing? You're saying he lacks passion and fight? If last seasons antics are anything to go by, less fight would probably be welcome.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is that a good or a bad thing? You're saying he lacks passion and fight? If last seasons antics are anything to go by, less fight would probably be welcome.
Having googled it, 'Hwyl' means - a stirring feeling of emotional motivation and energy.

Gazzza's comments can only be seen as a negative but it wouldn't be an ECFC signing if we weren't being warned about how useless they are.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Stubbs ain’t the best of examples when you ask how it turned out.Another eleven games and Bradford will have got more out of him and in a shorter time.Still don’t know why he was let go and for nothing either.
totally agree - would have loved to see more of him . but who knows what goes on behind the scenes

Grecian_in_Plymouth

You are only as good as your whole squad,so even though Carroll won't play all 46 matches and the one where its a midfield battle,he will be very useful against the better quality teams that need more skill to open them up.
intelligent post - unique for EXEWEB but appreciated