• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tom Carroll

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ponces around spending his time trying not to get tackled. Bit of a poor man’s Ryan Harley.
Harley had more skill in his fingertips than Carroll possesses in his entire body.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would people be disappointed if his contract wasn't extended? Yes he's a tidy player but he seems to always want to play it safe and always looks for the extra pass instead of shooting. Never see him mentioned on the matchday threads as a standout player and I've personally been a bit disappointed he's not been at the level MacDonald was for us last season.
MacDonald made an instant impct and 3 goals in 11 games. Not sure Carroll has even had a shot. Much prefer Cole if im honest

Antony Moxey

Harley had more skill in his fingertips than Carroll possesses in his entire body.
Quite.

crocks

Not sure Carroll has even had a shot.
And that's why I don't understand why Kite is not given a go. He at least scores goals and some stunning ones at thst

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he left tomorrow it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Alistair20000

Aye. A frustrating player who would all too often drift out of the game but he had the skill to make a match winning piece of play. I do not see that in Carroll

Bridgy 81

I’m not sure comparing Carroll to Harley is a like for like thing.
For the record Harley is one of my favourite City players ever and gave me some of my best memories,
e.g. goals against Huddersfield and Leeds at SJP in particular and an away rocket winner at Bournemouth.
But of Carroll’s 228 league appearances 94 have been in the Premier League, 82 in the Championship, only 52 in League One and none below that level.
Harley played 18 matches in the Championship, 130 in League One and the rest either League Two or non-league.

grecIAN Harris

I’m not sure comparing Carroll to Harley is a like for like thing.
For the record Harley is one of my favourite City players ever and gave me some of my best memories,
e.g. goals against Huddersfield and Leeds at SJP in particular and an away rocket winner at Bournemouth.
But of Carroll’s 228 league appearances 94 have been in the Premier League, 82 in the Championship, only 52 in League One and none below that level.
Harley played 18 matches in the Championship, 130 in League One and the rest either League Two or non-league.
Or even the simple fact they play in different areas of midfield. Carroll plays a deeper role and Harley was always at his best floating around in that gap between midfield and attack.

Grecianpasty

When the game became less about possession yesterday he should have got pulled off. Woods and Carroll can do the tippy tappy stuff, but there needed to be some solidity in there with 30 minutes to go. You'd like to have thought Perkins would have picked up on that.

Bridgy 81

Or even the simple fact they play in different areas of midfield. Carroll plays a deeper role and Harley was always at his best floating around in that gap between midfield and attack.
Yes, that’s why I said comparisons between the two are difficult.
On his day, at our current level or below, Harley was absolutely brilliant on the ball.
But Carroll has a very enviable footballing CV, albeit in a less spectacular playing role.