• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale

Terryhall

Torquay are where they are because the club listened to fans and went with a populist appointment of Alan Knill. That was the start of our decline followed by Hargreaves and Nicholson. In 2012 we had the best side and probably finances of any of the Devon clubs. Poor managerial appointments and fans thinking being 8 points from the play offs in League 2 at the time of Ling’s illness demonstrated what can go wrong. We lost our league status because of poor managerial appointments. With that came the loss of funding - some £500,000 + a year hence cost-cutting measures like shutting down the youth system and starting a viscous circular that sees us at our lowest level for a century and in the hands of a Property developer. What I would give for TUFC to be in the position of ECFC with Tisdale as manager.

Just who do Exeter fans think they are going to get? Some merry-go-round manager? A Ronnie Moore or Graham Westley who’ll squander it all in a day?

I’d be very worried if I was an Exeter fan.
You can wish all of that on us, the reality is we have stable fan ownership and you had a lottery gambler who pulled the plug. You seem to have not mentioned that one in your post..........

Torquay are where they are because the club listened to fans and went with a populist appointment of Alan Knill. That was the start of our decline followed by Hargreaves and Nicholson. In 2012 we had the best side and probably finances of any of the Devon clubs. Poor managerial appointments and fans thinking being 8 points from the play offs in League 2 at the time of Ling’s illness demonstrated what can go wrong. We lost our league status because of poor managerial appointments. With that came the loss of funding - some £500,000 + a year hence cost-cutting measures like shutting down the youth system and starting a viscous circular that sees us at our lowest level for a century and in the hands of a Property developer. What I would give for TUFC to be in the position of ECFC with Tisdale as manager.

Just who do Exeter fans think they are going to get? Some merry-go-round manager? A Ronnie Moore or Graham Westley who’ll squander it all in a day?

I’d be very worried if I was an Exeter fan.
The point is that it can go both ways. Why fear dropping through the league's? Why not look to climb up through them.

You are aware that there are other alternatives than journeyman managers?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
You can wish all of that on us, the reality is we have stable fan ownership and you had a lottery gambler who pulled the plug. You seem to have not mentioned that one in your post..........
I think that is a little unfair as the lottery winner died and his widow tried to carry on his legacy as best she could.

I wasn’t wishing anything onto Exeter. And we were a stable club until Martin Ling went sick.

Antony Moxey

Tisdale is leaving because he wants to, not because he’s been forced out. There was, according to the club, a new and improved contract on the table for some time waiting for his signature. He chose not to sign it, nor, as far as we know, try to negotiate better terms.

Him leaving is entirely and completely his decision, no-one else’s.

geoffwp

I wasn’t wishing anything onto Exeter. And we were a stable club until Martin Ling went sick.
Hello Granville. Hope all is well with you. The lunatics took over the asylum here mate.

Hello Granville. Hope all is well with you. The lunatics took over the asylum here mate.
Greetings to you, Geoff. I fear that you’re right in that.

A shame for you, that a historic era seems to have ended so bitterly.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Greetings to you, Geoff. I fear that you’re right in that.

A shame for you, that a historic era seems to have ended so bitterly.
Come back this time next year where they will burning effigies of Matt Taylor.

tavyred

Tisdale is leaving because he wants to, not because he’s been forced out. There was, according to the club, a new and improved contract on the table for some time waiting for his signature. He chose not to sign it, nor, as far as we know, try to negotiate better terms.

Him leaving is entirely and completely his decision, no-one else’s.
Indeed.
GG is another outsider desperately trying to attach a false narrative to Tisdale’s departure that never happened.

IBA

Hi G,
Can’t help but think there’s a lot of truth in your OP...